Lynnel

How to deal with an immense and very dense ego ?

24 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

@Lynnel Pick up Practicing the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and get to work.

Dude Neo-advaita is not just for me. I'm not the mind was a great insight and I've kept it at it. I'm more of a let's do something very concrete guy.

@PsiloPutty I'm so sorry I forgot to answer ! I kept a mental note about it but was quickly ovehelmed with real life ! :P

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Stop trying to control.  You have no control.  Just rest as awareness and watch the movie play itself out.  What this story points to is just be reality, which is awareness, or Soul.  Soul just is God.  Awareness just is Reality.  Reality just is Awareness.

Sorry can't relate to that :)

@Lynnel It gets no more concrete than that. Hence why it's called "PRACTICING the power of now". The book consists of only exercises of unwiring all the neurotic patterns you talk about. The way it's delivered is very secular as the info isn't tied to any school.

There is also the full book "The Power of Now", but I figure you have the basic knowledge already. So just get the book above and do the exercises.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

2 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

@Lynnel It gets no more concrete than that. Hence why it's called "PRACTICING the power of now". The book consists of only exercises of unwiring all the neurotic patterns you talk about. The way it's delivered is very secular as the info isn't tied to any school.

There is also the full book "The Power of Now", but I figure you have the basic knowledge already. So just get the book above and do the exercises.

Oh I thought you were talking about the Power of now not the "practice the power of now". Well in that case I'll check it out even if I'm a bit sceptical.

@Lynnel From how you described your situation, this book really sounds like the perfect fit for you in order to take ownership of your behavior and thought patterns.

If you are willing to do the exercises diligently, I can guarantee that your transformation will be nothing short of outstanding. I was once where you are right now, so I can feel for you and that's why I can vouch for this book even more.

For the best results, I suggest getting the audiobook form and playing it for 20 minutes everyday until you finish it and then doing it all over again dozens of times as a practice. This is how I did it (and how multiple successful people I follow do it) and it's cool because you can do the exercises in real time, and the voice of the author puts you the right state of mind instantly.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard