egoless

Vaping vs smoking

30 posts in this topic

Do you think vaping is much healthier alternative to smoking? The problem is it is fairly new invention and we don’t know long term consequences. Also some fear that heating element may cause some toxic chemical reactions. What do you think how high is the cancer or other health risks with vaping. Any tips to decrease those risks to minimum? 

Please don’t flood with “quit both”.

@egoless It's been a long while, but after longer breaks of vaping I always kinda felt like extremely little particles invading my lung and caused unusual coughing contrary to usual smoking, but then again only the first few hits and no pain in the lungs, as there were with smoking.

On the other hand, this little particles invading my lungs might have been particulate matter, which are probably quite a risk, but I don't know how it compares to the increased production of tar from smoking.

For me, vaping "felt" better and maybe that's a sign that it actually is healthier.

And yeah you should quit both ;)

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@egoless never charged it completely, but I plugged it in and it was fine^^

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

21 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

@egoless never charged it completely, but I plugged it in and it was fine^^

also I experience coughing after vaping for 2 days. I am just starting out. does it happen like that at the beginning? 

@egoless No, only immeditately after 3-10 inhalations. That doesn't sound good. How high is your temperature? Mine has always been between 170 and 200 centigrade

- A Course in Miracles

Vaping has been around for a few decades it is not new at all. Its the most efficient way to consume cannabis i believe although second to edibles when it comes to health and is much healthier and safer than smoking a joint or a bong. The high is also a pleasant medicinal feeling where you feel medicated/uplifted and not stoned and unable to do any tasks or function.

You also must make sure you have a quality vape for highest quality vapor/delivery like (Storz and Bickel) German Company for example. They make the best vaporizers IMO. I find 185'C the perfect temperature.

https://www.vapeworld.com/convection-vs-conduction/

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

4 hours ago, pluto said:

Vaping has been around for a few decades it is not new at all. Its the most efficient way to consume cannabis i believe although second to edibles when it comes to health and is much healthier and safer than smoking a joint or a bong. The high is also a pleasant medicinal feeling where you feel medicated/uplifted and not stoned and unable to do any tasks or function.

You also must make sure you have a quality vape for highest quality vapor/delivery like (Storz and Bickel) German Company for example. They make the best vaporizers IMO. I find 185'C the perfect temperature.

https://www.vapeworld.com/convection-vs-conduction/

Thank you for the information. However I meant smoking liquid vapor in that case not cannabis. 

43 minutes ago, egoless said:

Thank you for the information. However I meant smoking liquid vapor in that case not cannabis. 

Oh sorry didn't realize

B R E A T H E

51 minutes ago, egoless said:

Didn't realize this too^^

- A Course in Miracles

They did some studies over here in the UK on vaping for a programme called 'Panaorama'. 

I was naturally interested because I vape. 

Their conclusion was that vaping is 10x better for you than smoking. 

BUT what they did find was that every time you vape, there is a particular part of your throat that becomes inflamed. 

I vape and hope to quit because I've replaced one addiction for another. At the end of the day I'd breath in more toxic fumes if I went for a walk down the high street (which I avoid). People be like "You don't know what your inhaling!" I'm like "Yeah neither do you when you go for a walk near traffic" ?

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

They did some studies over here in the UK on vaping for a programme called 'Panaorama'. 

I was naturally interested because I vape. 

Their conclusion was that vaping is 10x better for you than smoking. 

BUT what they did find was that every time you vape, there is a particular part of your throat that becomes inflamed. 

I vape and hope to quit because I've replaced one addiction for another. At the end of the day I'd breath in more toxic fumes if I went for a walk down the high street (which I avoid). People be like "You don't know what your inhaling!" I'm like "Yeah neither do you when you go for a walk near traffic" ?

Yeah I am also more concerned with the heating element. After vaping for one week my throat seems irritated and I get some headaches after heavy vaping. Is that normal? I'm just starting out.

@egoless  irritation in what way? Itchy, sore?

Headache's... Prior to vaping how many cigarette's did you smoke? Also what Mg is your nicotine in your juice? You could be vaping to much nicotine to what your used to. I'll have a quick Google search also. 

@egoless Done a quick Google search and it's saying the same. Too high of a nicotine level or your vaping too much. You did say "after heavy vaping" so I'm guessing that could be it, one of them 2. 

9 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@egoless Done a quick Google search and it's saying the same. Too high of a nicotine level or your vaping too much. You did say "after heavy vaping" so I'm guessing that could be it, one of them 2. 

I did not smoke much. I was never addicted to nicotine. Therefore I got liquid with no nicotine.

What do you mean by "heavy vaping" then? @egoless  Why did you smoke if you weren't addicted? (Just curious)

2 hours ago, Charlotte said:

What do you mean by "heavy vaping" then? @egoless  Why did you smoke if you weren't addicted? (Just curious)

I like vaping and tricks :) not too heavy maybe 20-40 hits a day

Edited by egoless

So you've stopped smoking completely? You free of the addiction to nicotine and now your vaping just for hobby purposes? @egoless I urge you to put the e-cigarette down, honest! You'll become addicted to it, the habit you'll create from using it will cause an addiction. 

Also I was thinking you could possibly be sensitive to vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol. I can't seem to fathom why your getting these headaches, 20/40 hits a day is nothing

6 hours ago, Charlotte said:

So you've stopped smoking completely? You free of the addiction to nicotine and now your vaping just for hobby purposes? @egoless I urge you to put the e-cigarette down, honest! You'll become addicted to it, the habit you'll create from using it will cause an addiction. 

Also I was thinking you could possibly be sensitive to vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol. I can't seem to fathom why your getting these headaches, 20/40 hits a day is nothing

It's getting better now. Yeah that's why I am asking if vaping is dangerous for health because if it is not major risk like cigarettes then I don't see any problems with vaping myself. I don't have an addictive personality. 

P.S. I think my tank if faulty I am getting dry hits sometimes because tank creates vacuum do you know any solutions?

I smoke mad joints and bud everyday out of a one hitter.

I spent a whole summer using a vape pen once too.

I think in smaller doses the vape is healthier, but if you are puffin a vape constantly all day you'll get popcorn lung fast. I think vape is cool for one hit here and there but smoking other ways is better if you smoke a lot throughout the day.

Just my opinion from experience