Arcangelo

S.A. through P.U. BKB?

46 posts in this topic

Hi my name is Arcangelo, and this is going to be my journal about personal development through pick up basketball.

About me:

-38yo

-Started playing  BKB 2 years ago.

-My goal is to join a team of 30yo or older. And my dream/vision is to win a championship.

Edited by Arcangelo
dot, coma and capital A

Hi. MP, ME check.

-It is time for me to give this basketball thing a break.

-Page 44 so far.

Check out this post:

''The best barometer to know if you are growing in my opinion is to look at your relationships. We are all interconnected, and when you start seeing people act differently, treat you differently, look at your differently, then you know you are growing.

You can really notice this especially if you have been in any sort of inauthentic quasi manipulative relationships, where the mechanisms by which people use to manipulate you no longer work. Of course they will complain and try and get you back to your "old you" so that it can benefit their own egoic desires-usually some dysfunctional means as to lift their own self-esteem.

Another way to tell if you are growing is if what you use to think was right today becomes wrong tomorrow. In other words if you're developing quickly what you said/learned yesterday is already expired and only partial. This means of course that you are learning and continually increasing your operating system and your level of consciousness and seeing things differently than the way you use to. 

Once you get going, and you start using mind movies, vision boards, life purpose, body/mind/spirit/relationship visions, goals, etc. you can actually look back and see how everything has come to fruition

If you have any sort of neurosis, you will know when you conquer this because it's like a 500 lbs. atlas stone has been lifted from your life. Of course homeostasis kicks in and you forget sometimes how much and how far you've come.''  -Equanimitize

How to be a Spiral Wizard

By Arcangelo

Identify and classify the people around you. In this way you can choose what topics to talk about with them.

Check out this post:

''Can you cook?
can you clean your room?
can you hear your body telling you when you can push yourself or when a cold is approaching?
can you cure yourself through food, rest and tea and not rely on medications ?
do you know what you should eat daily, what are good sources of carbs, proteins, fat; what not, what diets are out there, what works for you?
do you have a decent level of fitness, do you have imbalances in your body which can fuck you up later?
do you know when you sit to much, do you know how to stretch, do yoga, mediate,
do you know how to defend yourself?
do you know how to study, how to take notes, how to keep your notes,
do you know how to focus?
do you know how to talk with a girl you like?
do you know how to keep a girl?
do you know how to be assertive yet friendly?
do you know how to control your emotions (roughly)
do you know how to see behind people?
do you know your self worth?
do you know how to try and fail without putting yourself out of the game completely and learning something from it?
have you dealt with all your past traumas, with how you feel about your parents and your ex girlfriend and your insecurities?''  -UDT

WOW! I just discovered Dr. Bruce H Lipton's material

ALWAYS REMEMBER: We Are Spirits in a Material World

IMG_0226.JPG

Reminds me of this book and its subject matter. The cover has always tickled me. I think the one in the middle represents Jesus.  It's an interesting book but most of it I have to keep in the 'as if' category. Like watching a David Icke interview.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Check this one out

''...I would like to share the following teaching I received several years back when I was studying Shamanism.

Picture a warrior with bow, quiver and arrows. The bow is a symbol for you as "self," aiming at the target of life. The quiver, your bag of physical and spiritual resources, contains seven dark arrows, seven light arrows, and seven rainbow arrows.  These arrows represent the decisions and choices you make from moment to moment about how you direct the energies of your life experience.

We are in the dark mirror when we seek validation for self outside of self, looking for emotional approval, mental recognition, physical security, and /or spiritual acceptance from others. When this occurs in our life, we are out of balance and we give away our power, picking up one or more dark arrows to aim at the target of life. The seven dark arrows are: attachment, dependency, judgment, comparison, expectation, the needy child syndrome, and ego self-importance. It is the dark arrows that keep us stuck in our patterns and in karma, with low self-esteem and a negative, skewed approach to life and the world.

We are in the light mirror when we carry within ourselves self-reliance and personal happiness regardless of how others perceive us and react to us.  We are now empowered to be all we can be, gaining individuality, transforming karma into dharma, and picking up the seven light arrows in the process. The light arrows are: self-awareness, self-appreciation, self-acceptance, self-pleasure, self-love, self-actualization, and impeccability (always doing the best you can whenever you can, and if you could do better you would).

Each time we pick up a light arrow we break a dark one, and through this process of transformation we are gifted with a rainbow arrow. The seven rainbow arrows are: illumination, introspection, trust and innocence, wisdom, open heart-to-heart communication, balance of male and female energies, and abundance and prosperity. We are now fully matured, self-actualizing humans.''  -TDLH

@Arcangelo That's rich. I like it.

Just before I logged on a few minutes ago, I was thinking of how we arrive at having trust. In Christianity, problems are handed over to the Holy Spirit and Angels as well in an indirect way. In Shamanism and the variety of Indigenous Cultures, the same thing is done with the Nature Spirits. In learning about the I CHING, I discovered this tradition has the Cosmic Helpers that are described as the individualized aspects of Cosmic Consciousness and of nature. 

I may be too quick to be making these comparisons but there is thread of similarity in how fear and problems in life are approached through interaction with these metaphysical intermediaries. Allowing for a process which assists in having trust. It's difficult to have inner silence without trust. They really don't require petionary Prayer either.

I like the references to inner reliance and going within in what you shared also.

@Arcangelo  Hahahahaha ? Beautiful!

This documentary is a Master Piece:

Hi, i gotta have this here.

I know i am not naturally aggressive, I am no cat. But if i am gonna be a goat, i am gonna be like this goat.

This podcast is the reason why I am a JJJ practitioner.

''...over there is where the fucking answers are, and I wouldn't listen to that because over there was pain...''

Thank you David!

@Arcangelo I just read your first post about playing basketball. I have an intramural playoff game thursday that i'm super pumped for LOL. My team was sick during the season,but we almost got upset by 2 teams that were way worse than us. 

@Raptorsin7 Wow, I kinda envy you man!

10 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

but we almost got upset by 2 teams that were way worse than us

I have always said it, is 5 human beings vs 5 human beings. Anyone can have a good day and anyone can have a bad day. Anything can happen.

I have seen Rafael Nadal lose and I have seen Venezuela win a soccer match.

Impossible is nothing: A.D.I.D.A.S

Let me know how it went.

Good luck Rap!

Arc

@Arcangelo It's not personal. I also feel bad when people come down on me in this forum. You have to get over the red pill mentality and your attitude toward woman. It's limiting, and it's only going to create more problems for you moving forward on this forum. 

I get your perspective. You want to be great, and who the fuck are these people to tell you how to live or what you can or can't say. But trust me if you just keep doing your thing and accepting the criticism and pain associated with it you will be much better off in the future. 

Be authentic. But recognize the importance of aspiring to be a higher version of yourself.