John Iverson

I don't know how to reply and react in a conversation,

23 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Shin said:

I struggled with that for a long time too.

Basically you want to not care where the conversation is going or how people sees you.

You say what goes through your mind, let them talk, if you have nothing to say you say nothing.

Don't worry, most people can't handle silence, they'll say something quick enough, and if they blame you for being quiet, then you don't want them as friends anyway.

Your problem isn't communication skill, but neediness and self-esteem.

How about on social media like facebook

12 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

How about on social media like facebook

Supress them, and only use text message to take rendez-vous.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@John Iverson I had similar issue as well. For me, it was the fear of not sounding intelligent enough because of my accent. First of all, remember that you will get better in time in everything you do. So it's okay not to be great at everything all the time. Be kinder to yourself. Second, it really doesn't matter what others think. No one really cares about others. We are all self obsessed by nature. So don't take yourself so seriously. Third, get out of your comfort zone and learn some face to face uncomfortable situation skills. I did lots of theatre and hung out with theatre and art peeps to learn their language and behavior, as well as give less of a shit. Totally worth it. Met some of my most funniest insane friends and learned so much from them. Also, watch some good old school stand up comedy. Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Dave Chappelle.... so many. In my opinion  Comedians are intelligent people, who don't give a shit the most.