Moritz

How can we discover our True Nature of Nothingness doing Self Inquiry ?

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

so maybe you´ve been reading my previous posts about my experiences doing self inquiry. It´s about the 3. week right now doing it everyday for at least 30 minutes.

I´ve realized that I think therefore I believe aka. I´m identified with the idea of the seperate me that´s sort of the collection of my body, emotions, desires, fears, thoughts and so on. I´ve also realized that there´s something that is identified with these things that is not me and can´t have a form of it´s own because it always takes on the form of the things which which make up my Ego/Self. My first taste or the beginning to grasp emptiness or nothingness.

So currently I´m contemplating nothingness. I mean all the theory says you are emptyness, empty space, nothingness and so on and now that I feel like I´ve come a few steps closer to it I´m starting to approach it directly.

But how the f**k is that possible. Really ! I´ve just realized that I´m always searching for something in this inquiry. Somting meaning some sort of form. That´s ultimately a total illusion right ??? It´s such a huge mindfuck. And as it is the case with all the other insights I´ve reiceived I feel like it´s just the beginning of the full realization that the insight points "me" to.

How can we handle this paradox doing Self Inquiry. The paradox of trying to understand something via the mind that can not be understood by the mind. 

The paradox of being stuck in the world of form and in paradimes of physical reality and seperation and in that style of thinking discover something all inclusive with no boundries, that´s formless. After all thoughts are language and language is always dualistic and so on and so forth. 

In hope to receive some guidance. 

Much Love,

Moritz

Self inquiry is to understand falseness and disorder in the field of reality. To understand and see the limits of thought which thinks about reality. 

You cant inquire into truth because the very mechanism used is limited. This mechanism Thought is limited and truth is limitless and infinite. 

Edited by Faceless

People think they can go from thought “the limited” to the infinite “limitless”  through knowledge and so on. 

Then you get all this thought induced experience that sees itself independent Of thought 

Edited by Faceless

To see these limits of thought one becomes free of thought. The very perception/insight of the truth of these limits is its own action of becoming free from those limits. Therefore when this is grasped the mind and it’s conditioning does cease therefore the mind does become empty. This has the quality of nothingness. Such a mind is orderly.

A disorderly mind  has the quality of chaos and a orderly mind has the quality of cosmos. 

Edited by Faceless

So becoming aware of the whole nonsense, the limits and so on a new dimension opens up which is beyond thinking, beyond mind ?

when the disorder is understood there comes clarity, and Quietness. The conditioning of the brain/mind is the disorder. To see those limits is its own action of order. All we can do is learn about reality. We cant with our limited, conditioned, thought understand that which is beyond thought. 

Edited by Faceless

Yes learn about thought/the self. The nature, structure, substance, processes and so on. Start with that. Freedom from those is limits essential to move forward.

Edited by Faceless

It's outrageous right ? ^_^

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Faceless said:

@Shin

Does this seem outrageous to you? 

At first yes, now I know I am powerless, so not really.

God is love

And God in them

My opinion is not going to agree with a lot of people on this forum, but I think that self-inquiry and neti neti aren't necessarily the best ways of meditating.

If you focus on a sensation and attempt to quiet the mind, you are seeing reality as it is and as a result you are doing same thing as neti neti and self-inquiry in a way.  The thing I've always noticed with self-inquiry is that I'd inquire about the self and then my mind would try to find an answer.  Any answer it finds is false because that is just the nature of the mind, so I'd often simply go to the present moment with a sensation.  I don't know, just take this for what it is and do what you feel is right.  

@Shin

Im just wondering if I was clear. 

Please I appreciate your input If you would be so kind friend. 

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

My opinion is not going to agree with a lot of people on this forum, but I think that self-inquiry and neti neti aren't necessarily the best ways of meditating.

If you focus on a sensation and attempt to quiet the mind, you are seeing reality as it is and as a result you are doing same thing as neti neti and self-inquiry in a way.  The thing I've always noticed with self-inquiry is that I'd inquire about the self and then my mind would try to find an answer.  Any answer it finds is false because that is just the nature of the mind, so I'd often simply go to the present moment with a sensation.  I don't know, just take this for what it is and do what you feel is right.  

No offense but opinion is corrupt. If this is worked out very cafeully you will see that it’s not based on my or your opinion. It’s seeing that opinion is part of the very limit of thought. 

Only in a dialog can one meet another in this inquiry. 

Edited by Faceless

Only through negation of the self can there be order of thought. Negation by seeing it’s the very corrupting factor of the self. 

Edited by Faceless

13 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Only through negation of the self can there be order of thought. Negation by seeing it’s the very corrupting factor of the self. 

Wjat do you mean by negation ?

God is love

And God in them