carlos flores

is boxing keeping me from getting higher consciousness?

4 posts in this topic

so I have been practicing boxing for quite a while and have done some MMA as well. the other day I read one of leo's posts (or maybe I heard it in a video) that high conscious people do not kill people, which I assume it must be connected to other claims I have heard in the past that doing violence will keep you from growing as an individual. I then started thinking if practicing combat sports is somehow related to this. Of course we as a society we label them as "violent" but I have been trying to stop labeling things lately. So I want to know if doing these sports is somehow stopping my growing. I enjoy doing these sports and it has helped me become more fit, but at the same time there are things we all enjoy and it doesn't mean it's a good idea to keep doing them. So I want to hear from you conscious being what you think about this since i'm a bit lost in this. Thank you in advance!

Boxing has little to do with killing people or violence simply to hurt others. It can be just a sport. Now obviously there are a ton of guys who like fighting, adrenaline etc and that's why they do it. Whether your reasoning for boxing is good or not is up to you really, how does your reasoning feel? Think about if it's something positive and empowering or not. As you will learn more things in general you will also get new insights into why you do what you do and what you truly prefer.

@carlos flores My opinion, raising consciousness is an intimate, personal, inner game only. What we do derives from consciousness work. If you’re in the ring, and he’s in the ring, and you guys love the mental chess game, the thrill of endurance, etc, then ??. Punchin someone in the face who’s just minding their business, walking down the street - that’s violence. It comes down to that place only you are in. The inside game. Only you know your intentions, and how it resonates. You’re probably already familiar with the life story of Ali, but if not, read up on him. IMO, he put self conscience before boxing and made it work, not that I could really know, ultimately. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@carlos flores

I understand this question my friend. First of all the self is violence. You are not seperate from violence. So even if you quit fighting there will always be this movement of violence in the self. That’s the egos job, it sees itself as all important. A security system if you would like. 

I have always been into martial arts so I know exactly what you are asking. Let me just break right into what i think. First what is violence. Aren’t there many forms of violence. There’s the violence of division. My religion vs  your religion. My country vs your country and so on. Then there’s antagonism which I see on a daily basis. Is ambition and a movment of  violence? I am success driven and “I’ll do what ever I have to to get what I want”. These are all movements of violence. Any movment of self centered activity is an action of violence.

What i would ask myself is why do I do this. Is my fighting an escape from my sorrow, pain, suffering, and means to bring about psychological stability. Or do I have built up anger according to the accumulation of my memory’s and so on. If these are any of the reasons I fight it’s obviously a movement of Violence. Its for you to decide. You would have to be honest with yourself though. 

Now if you enjoy the movements, skill involved, as I do, and mental capacity under pressure aspects of it well ??‍♂️. If you are just genuinely attracted to it and are a genuinely caring person then maybe fighting is simply an art to you. 

Either way the best way to not participate in violence is learning about the nature of violence. Not escaping the fact “violence” and creating an idea “non violence” to live according to. If you create an idea of non violence this simply escapes what is which is violence. This route never solves anything and leads to hipocracy and contradiction. As I said before just learn about violence. Watch it in yourself without suppression or control. Just watch it because as I said we are not seperate from violence. We are violence. 

Heres a quote by Bruce Lee who was a an inquirer of the self and a martial artist....”To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.” 

This is essential in self knowing, and martial arts. The art of fighting and the art of living??

Edited by Faceless