Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenBlue

Insights and Ramblings: My Path to Enlightenment

47 posts in this topic

I have decided to start this journal to record some of the insights I gain over time, and any sort of progress I make on my path to Enlightenment.

1/21/18 Sunday 

Last night before I fell asleep I had a profound realization. It's something that Leo had discussed before in a video, but I didn't get it on a deep level until last night. I was starting to become aware of the constant turmoil inside of me. This constant gnawing angst. I kept thinking what is this feeling? Why do I constantly try to distract myself with things throughout the day? Everyday I try to find ways to distract myself. What am I trying to avoid?

Then it suddenly hit me, I'm suffering on the inside. I'm not actually happy at all. It doesn't matter how pleasant my life feels on the outside because on the inside I'm never happy. This is what all the outside distractions are about. This must be what Enlightenment is about. It's about attaining a true sense of happiness.

This is the state most of humanity is in. Almost everyone in the world is in this constant turmoil. Anyone who is not Enlightened is suffering on the inside. That's why people are constantly looking for ways to pass the time. The distractions are about trying to forget that we are suffering. Most of the world is in this state of madness. It's absolute insanity that runs our societies.

Boredom is a made up concept. People despise being bored. Boredom is actually just a label made up to trick you. It's a trap that tricks you into thinking it's something that happens when you don't get enough stimulation. But when you really break it down you start to wonder, why do you even need any more stimulation other than just being alive? 

The truth is, what we call boredom is actually just awareness of our suffering. The suffering we constantly try to run away from with outside distractions to stimulate us.

The only way to end this suffering is to either die or become Enlightened. Everything else is just a distraction that might make you feel pleasant for a brief moment.

Powered By Love

1/24/18 Wednesday

What if suicidal people are on the right path, but they misunderstood their longing to die? I've been thinking maybe someone who is suicidal longs to die, but it is not in the physical sense of actually killing themselves. Maybe it is really the ego death that they long for. I'm not suicidal, it's just that I have been realizing that we all have our own different ways of constantly being reminded of what we really need to do.

I remember from an early age there were some moments where I felt the deep pain in my heart. In this pain was a longing to disappear. To simply vanish without a trace that I ever existed. I wanted it to be this way because I didn't want anyone who loved me to suffer from my disappearance. I completely forgot about these thoughts I used to have, then suddenly I have started to remember these moments.

Now I have come to understand that I can fulfill that deep longing I had when I was a child. I can actually disappear completely from this world while I am here, and no one would even know it. No one would miss a single thing. By becoming enlightened, I can actually dissolve my entire self and completely cease to exist, while still retaining the physical body that society thinks is me. I used to think that this would be impossible. Maybe that's why I repressed it and completely forgot about it. Now there is a possibility for it to happen. What a beautiful realization.

Edited by ZenBlue

Powered By Love

1/28/18 Sunday

Today I revisited Leo's video on Making Sense of Paranormal Phenomena. The reason why is because I just recently stumbled onto Paramahamsa Nithyananda's content and the content of his followers. His followers talk a lot about the third eye, powers, and aliens and such. 

My first reaction was to dismiss it all as bullshit. I thought wow these followers seem so deluded and must be completely bull shitting everyone to try to recruit more people into their group. Then I remembered Leo's video about the paranormal phenomena and decided to re-watch it.

Through this, I was able to ground myself and let go of my past egoic judgements. Now I realized I don't actually know if what they say is true or not. It could be bs, but there could also be some truth there. The point is I am very open minded about it, and realize I don't know anything at all.

This brings me to say I have come a long way with developing a more radically open mind. I'm naturally very logical and rational minded. I'm a technical minded person and that means looking at things as having logical paths to follow. I'm very good with things that require technical abilities such as computers, and new technology, etc... so I see this as an enormous breakthrough for me.

I still have a long way to go, but I am making progress on my path on a continuous basis. I don't know how long it will be till I can have deep Enlightenment experiences, but I am now fully committed to making it happen.

Powered By Love

1/31/18 Wednesday

I'm starting to realize more deeply that everything is bullshit. It's all bullshit. Is there even an absolute truth? I don't know, but I need to keep exploring.

I start to see more clearly what Leo meant in one of his videos when he mentioned himself that it was all bullshit. What he gives us is more solid bullshit so we aren't drowning anymore in the sea of lower consciousness bullshit.

It's inevitable that everything we do all leads to bullshit. Nothing is real so of course there is no other way.

I have been listening to talks from Osho and Sadhguru as well. They have both also mentioned in one of their videos that what they were doing was all bullshit as well. Really they are using the bullshit to lead us down somewhere further. Something about the silent moments.

When I say it's all bullshit I am not being cynical or negative in any way. I am simply just stating what I currently perceive to be true.

Powered By Love

2/2/18 Friday

Am I a who or a what? Lately I am spending more time contemplating on "who am I" and sometimes I switch it to "what am I"

If I am consciousness then what is consciousness? If I am energy, then what is energy?

I still don't know who I am.

Also I have been realizing that life itself is the greatest thing that could ever happen. Most people are focused on becoming something great or leaving some great legacy. I used to be caught up in that state of mind, but now I realize that life itself is the greatest thing. Nothing could be greater than life itself. Nothing. Anything that is created by people pales in comparison to the greatness of life. Yet people continue to delude themselves into thinking they are doing such great things in the world. The greatest thing is to simply live.

I am constantly dancing on the border of optimism and pessimism on the meaninglessness of life.

Powered By Love

2/19/18 Monday

I have been struggling with what is called the dark night of the soul. It started a while back, and I guess I was subconsciously trying to fight it. When it first began I had just started a successful ecom business. I reached a point that was huge for me personally. It was the best results I had gotten so far with a business endeavor. I hit over $100,000 in sales within 6 months of being in business. I quit my job to pursue this business full-time.

As I started diving deeper into spirituality I didn't see that my business was worth fighting for. It felt hollow and empty. I know it was because I realized this just fed into the low consciousness consumerism culture. So when I came up against challenges as any business always does, I didn't really have any fight left in me. I just let it drag and my sales went lower and lower, until I just decided to stop running it altogether. 

I stopped to re-structure my business plans and decided to start a digital marketing business instead. I took a big risk and paid a lot of money to learn specific methods and strategies for generating high quality leads and sales for offering a high ticket service. I had foolishly thought this was the sign I was looking for. I wanted to start this business when I was offering my friend some advice around it and really enjoyed talking about the marketing aspect. I was considering getting a job at an agency to learn the ropes for a few years, but then I came across an opportunity that sounded like exactly what I was looking for. So I took a big risk and went after it.

I learned a lot about myself and what my limitations are through this process. I realized my timing and lack of resources was horrible to make this transition. I took a break from everything for a month. I just shut down for a whole month starting from January this year and just recently started to go out again. I didn't go outside much. I stayed home all day and didn't really talk to anyone except for my girlfriend.

I went back to some old patterns of lower consciousness. I had set a goal to stop smoking weed for an entire year. I had just hit the 6 month mark, but when there was weed right in front of me I just caved. In a moment of weakness I just started smoking weed again. I think subconsciously I am trying to find some relief from the darkness. In the past I would have beat myself up over it, but this time I just embraced it. I am okay with making mistakes and not being perfect. Rather than criticize myself, I just want to allow it to happen.

Now when I am high, I am more aware of how it lowers my consciousness levels. I am more aware of how my brain gets dulled, but yet it does give me a sense of euphoria. It does in a sense lift some of the heaviness away and brings some lightness into my heart. Overall though, I know I must eventually move beyond this in order to continue expanding my consciousness.

I'm still going through the dark night of the soul. Eventually I will have moments of clarity when I break out of this.

Edited by ZenBlue

Powered By Love

10/2/18 Tuesday

Wow, I didn't realize almost 8 months have passed since I last updated this thread.

Honestly the past 8 months are quite a blur. I must have been really unconscious because I can hardly remember most days.

Here are some of the major points that happened:

- I went to Isha Inner Engineering held by Sadhguru. It was a 2 day program where we learned a specific meditation / yoga technique called Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya.

- The program was in late April and since then I have been practicing this technique daily. Part of the commitment is to practice it daily for at least 8 months straight.

- I spent a lot of time just indulging in frivolous activities. This is the main way I regulate my emotions. It seems I like to distract myself with movies, and games a lot.

- I realized I really lack self-discipline. 

- I have been feeling lost for the past year. This is the first time in my life I have ever felt this lost. Before, I always felt so sure of where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do.

- I went through part of the life purpose course, but currently I have not completed it. I must have some deep mental blocks around this. This is something I need to work through.

I didn't achieve as much growth and progress as I would have liked. The main reason is because I was still smoking weed these past 8 months. This is currently one of my big challenges. I've made attempts to quit before, but ended up going back. I am going to start another long break from it, although I haven't decided how long yet.

I have currently joined a private Facebook group that is about completing a 21 day challenge. Although I am individually responsible for completing the challenges, it is interesting to see a lot of people participating in this together as a group.

I'm excited to go through this challenge and see if it has any lasting impact in my life.

Edited by ZenBlue

Powered By Love

10/3/18 Wednesday

I still wonder what all of life really is about. Is it just for the sheer joy of living life? What is it that we are working towards? 

I love and hate people at the same time. Deep down I suppose that means I love and hate myself at the same time. The key is to balance the love and hate constantly adjusting as needed. It's not easy though.

It's all two sides of the same coin.