Tony Tellez

Insight

10 posts in this topic

So I talked to few people about my self actualization journey and everybody looks at me crazy like “why you make your life complicated just be yourself and stop listening to other people’s opinions and habits” like why does everybody think they are so special? Like I realized that everybody is the same in a way, the only think different is that we have different hobbies and tastes but we all have a lot things in common, so why most people think they’re a unique wave in the ocean, I don’t believe I’m a wave, I’m the whole ocean..does this makes sense?

@Tony Tellez

They're just following the socially conditioned script that has been given to them. Don't fight it, you won't win. Just keep doing what you know is right and try and bring as many people up with you as you can.

@Tony Tellez Watch Leo's video on the Hero's journey. He covers these points you are talking about there as well.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

4 hours ago, Tony Tellez said:

"why you make your life complicated just be yourself and stop listening to other people’s opinions and habits"

Yes, precisely. That's called self-actualization.

Simplicity is often times the hardest, most advanced thing to pull off, requiring a journey to get there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks you for all the replies! I’m actually going watch that video tonight 

@Leo Gura quick question, I’m planning to work 2 jobs this year?  (I want to have like enough money to live for a year just in case of an emergency) and after a year take my dj skills more seriously and work way less, do you think money it’s worth all the stress? 

@Tony Tellez It is very inspiring and gives peace of mind since every time you come across an obstacle, you remind yourself of the Hero’s journey and how it works, that gives some relief.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Simplicity is often times the hardest, most advanced thing to pull off, requiring a journey to get there.

it's one of the insights I got on the last silent retreat. isn't it the essence of zen buddhism? it's so simple that most will neglect its importance. 

“What is hardest of all? That which seems most simple: to see with your eyes what is before your eyes.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

whatever arises, love that

@phoenix666 Everything is so infinitely complex, it becomes simple.

But not really.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@phoenix666 Everything is so infinitely complex, it becomes simple.

But not really.

;)

everything going full circle - again and again. I seem to find this theme everywhere I look9_9xD

whatever arises, love that