Chives99

why is every psychedelic trip so different from one another

6 posts in this topic

If someone were to ask me what was the common experience of a psychedelic trip, i could only give a vague answer because each trip on the same substance and even in the same location is so vastly different and incomparable. I mean if you drink or smoke weed its practically the same each time. With psyches however sometimes i experience ego death sometimes i get blasted in other realms, sometimes i have majour delusions and strange visions. No two trips can ever be remotely similar 

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

So nobody else enters the same world again and again? I used to feel like mushroom trip 7 was just beginning where mushroom trip 6 ended, like it may have been 3 months in the real world but time stood still in the mushroom kingdom and in the next trip it completely felt like going back to the EXACT same time and place within that dimension. This wasn't happening every time mind you but many times it did happen this way. And LSD had a slight feeling of the same world, DMT after the 15 minutes of pure insanity took me to a similar place, mesacline was a sleepy nautious mushroom world, morning glory and lsa were all neurotic and nervous energy ridden crappy versions of the mushroom world and finally salvia was this horrible place where only retarded angels dwell. Salvia was the only one that truly felt like its own world but it was just a demented place to visit.

@Chives99 Cause there's a lot within spirituality and the psyche to explore.

It's sort of like if you were randomly dropped on some part of this planet for 5 hours, you would be quite confused and perplexed. And each random drop would feel and look wildly different than the last. Because the Earth is a vastly varied terrain. The jungles of Brazil feel very different than the frozen wasteland of the North Pole, and different yet again from NYC.

If you really wanted to understand that whole Earth, you'd have to travel hundreds of times to see a good cross-section of all the the terrain.

To really get a good understanding of psychedelics, you have to trip dozens, if not hundreds of times. Which very few people do.

If you've only tripped a half-dozen times, yeah, every trip can seem kinda random. But when you trip regularly, with intention and a larger purpose, you will start to see patterns emerge.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Here's a tip I can give you.  Don't trip too much.  Like once a month max.  When you trip more than that your trips start to bleed together and you start to take the psychedelics for granted.  Like anything, psychedelics can be overused.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think they are a mirror to our subconscious mind. they enable different parts of the brain, which normally are not interacting (at least not consciously), to communicate with each other. since we are in constant flux, every trip is very different. it's the result of uncountable stimuli influencing neuronal activity every second 

it's such an interesting topic! hopefully science will give us some interesting insights in the future

whatever arises, love that

It's hard for me to remember the precise content of each trip. I definitely felt different vibes with different chemicals though and those feelings felt familiar when I was reintroduced to them.