Nathan

Decisions decisions

6 posts in this topic

So music is something I've always been able to connect with in a profound way. After doing some thinking, the concept of being able to express myself through music is something I'd like to do even if I couldn't profit from it. 

However recently I've started dancing spontaneously to music in the moment. In that state, everything feels exactly "right". Thinking I may have gotten my wires crossed and the reason I connect with music is because I was supposed to dance?

In my usual frame of mind the concept of spending my life persuing dance doesn't appeal at all. I wanna MAKE music, not just be the recipient of it. Are things predestined? Do I have to surrender to my calling or do I get to "choose". :S I mean ultimately we're all both the decider and the decided right?

@Nathan I feel like if you’re torn between the two then you should pursue both until it becomes clear which one you want more. 

Is it possible that we don't have free will anyway?

but the most important advice I could give is to do "something", taking experimental action is miles better than pondering endlessly which one you "should" do, but that's just me :)

@Nathan I like eating bacon and getting my balls fondled by a hot lady. It feels right. But a life purpose this does not make.

What do you want to CREATE FOR THE WORLD???

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, DustOfEarth said:

taking experimental action is miles better than pondering endlessly which one you "should" do

Do what your intuition says. Do it if you like it very much. If you like it very much, you will start to know naturally what to do, where to go.
do you feel "power"? do you feel a whole different/special energy running through you? do you feel the knowing of it, being your "purpose" in this life? you could spend all day doing it and not feel like "wasting time", in fact growing in some way?

Do I have to surrender to my calling or do I get to "choose".

don't think too much. have trust in yourself, in your intuition. do what makes you feel better, and spend time with that. develop that which makes you feel better also, develop yourself, because these things are in a strong relation with each other. one empowers the other.

do what you intuitively/naturally like, do it with sincerity, lack of thoughts, worryings, leave "yourself" aside and immerse yourself in that which you feel pleasurably special and somehow unknown.