kieranperez

Self Esteem Problem = Self Image Problem?

3 posts in this topic

Are all self-esteem problems basically just self-image problems at their root?

You must practice losing the care of your self image. Go in public or to family KNOWING that you are looking 'bummy' or whatever makes you stand out from the norm. Hell do a bad hair day test and just go out and EXPECT stares, shit someone might even make remarks or say something.

But know that what you are doing is deliberate, don't say anything rude back or try to defend yourself, allow it to happen. It's about practice - I do this frequently with my family, I'll walk around as if I just simply don't care about my image in numerous ways, when they say something snarky (which I fully expect to happen) I just laugh, it's funny because with this type of mind-set all you can do is laugh at it, because you chose for that to happen, you expect it to happen.

And when you realize that low-conscious society is predictable, you begin to stop caring about these opinions - and you begin to realize, that even your own opinions about yourself are just as predictable and even pointless to care about.

That's when you can feel a bit more 'free' mentally.

Edited by Omni

An image is like a two sides of a coin. One side pleasure the other pain. To have an image pleasure and pain are it’s product.