Phill

How To Lose Weight and Stick With It?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

So my actual strategy is:

1) Doing 15 hours fasting every day.

2) 2 Big meals, one when I wake up, one another in the afternoon.

3) Lots of water

4) Jog for at least 20 minutes a day

5) Sleep at the same time, wake up at the same time (usually I would go to bed at 10pm)

In the beginning this worked pretty well, but then all of sudden I would just feel this huge insatiable need to eat whatever is in front of me, if for some reason I would skip one of these meals because I didn't buy them, I would eat whatever the hell there is in my home because the pain would just be almost unbearable, I would become extremely irritable, really bad mood, stressed as hell, I would go like, "I don't give a damn what I am going to eat, I must EAT!!!" 

Sometimes in the weekend I would hang out with girlfriend and she is always eating garbage, ice cream, etc etc, I would SOMETIMES eat with her, am I maybe having sugar cravings here?

So I am just lost here, like, is there a specific balance between carbs/fat/protein in my meals to keep satiated for longer, and making me nourished enough to no go crazy? Can you guys please share your strategies? Like this stuff just became much harder than I thought, I only manage to lose 500g in 3 months. Like I just can't stick with it I feel, I always have those relapses from time to time, is it just part of the process, can you please shed some light here for me?

I am also thinking about going to the nutritionist, maybe he/she could give me hints here on how to deal with that. I am completely zero knowledge on this area of nutrition, if you guys could also reference books/videos/articles anything that can help me educate myself that would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance!

Cardio and burning glucose make you more hungry. You should incorporate resistance training to preserve muscle mass.

Going into a caloric deficit while just doing cardio without lifting weights will make you lose muscle. Training heavy is the only thing that's going to facilitate a healthy fat loss because you can lose weight at the expense of lean tissue while still staying skinny fat...

In addition to that, eating more fiber, protein and healthy fats will keep you more satiated.

Sugar cravings are also caused by an imbalanced microbiome and an energy crisis in the brain. Therefore, you need to teach your body to start using its own fat for fuel at times of caloric deprivation. 

Fasting, the ketogenic diet, and exercise light up those fat burning pathways. Just don't become a cardio bunny because it's going to cause more stress to the body.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

1 hour ago, Siim Land said:

Cardio and burning glucose make you more hungry. You should incorporate resistance training to preserve muscle mass.

Going into a caloric deficit while just doing cardio without lifting weights will make you lose muscle. Training heavy is the only thing that's going to facilitate a healthy fat loss because you can lose weight at the expense of lean tissue while still staying skinny fat...

In addition to that, eating more fiber, protein and healthy fats will keep you more satiated.

Sugar cravings are also caused by an imbalanced microbiome and an energy crisis in the brain. Therefore, you need to teach your body to start using its own fat for fuel at times of caloric deprivation. 

Fasting, the ketogenic diet, and exercise light up those fat burning pathways. Just don't become a cardio bunny because it's going to cause more stress to the body.

Hey @Siim Land! Thank you so much for your reply,

What is the regimen you would give me in order to do what I want to? I am really thinking about going to the Gym, but how should I administrate this? Can you refer me to a specific regimen?

How did you come to the conclusion that you lost 500g in 3 months xD Your shit already weighs that much, your weight varies probably by about 1-3kg every day...

Have you considered water fasting?

I really like the potato only diet for like 3 days up to 2 weeks to reset your taste buds. After this you can much easier start eating healthier foods without having such cravings because you basically fought them off before. And in that diet you never have to be hungry because you can eat as many potatoes as you want you will still be losing much weight. Of course the potatoes are without any toppings just good old potatoes backed or cooked preferably with the skin because it has much healthy stuff in it.
Other than that I recommend still water, recent studies show that people who drink sparkling water produce more gherlin which is a hunger hormone.
I would recommend you walking around 10000~ steps each day and of course jogging is also good but then go out jogging for longer to replace those 10000 steps, I think this would be a bit over an hour of jogging with small breaks of course.
Eat much veggies, eat some fruits, oatmeal with chia seeds... and you are good to go.

Edited by LaucherJunge

The only single way I was ever able to lose weight and sustain it was by cutting meat, dairy and most gluten. :P I feel the most nutritious/whole foods I eat, the less hungry and less cravings I have. I never ever counted calories and only do mild exercise.

the big BUT is about mind state. Before my pregnancy I lost 100 pounds in 2010-2011. I want to say effortlessly only I made the switch. After giving birth it took me 3 years to loose half the pregnancy weight gain but I was craving for all the thinks stated above + on and off with depression. Now i'm hopefully in the process of getting that other half gone ;)