Joseph Maynor

Resistance Caused by Forcing Your Muse

4 posts in this topic

I've noticed that with my writing sometimes I write a lot and sometimes I don't write much at all.  I go through weird, unpredictable phases with writing.  And I don't really like to fuck with that.  Thank God I do this stuff as a hobby because I can see that if I had to force myself to write when I wasn't feeling it, that would cause me a lot of resistance and suffering.  This is an issue for career, because you gotta goose your muse sometimes when it is not authentic to do so in order to produce on demand or pursuant to some kind of schedule.  I wanna keep my muse authentic and pure.  Right now I'm not doing a lot of essay writing because I'm not feeling it.  I'm noting topics that I want to write about, but I do not feel like writing right now.  I would hate to have to force that muse when I am not ready yet.  At some point the muse will hit me and I'll do a bunch of writing.  I like to wait for that to happen naturally.  That's called following your authentic-self.  Trying to control that with the Mind is what causes a lot of suffering and limiting-beliefs to form.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I notice exactly the same thing. You described it very well. The most important thing is not to think that you're not interested in writing or that you're a bad writer. 

You remember how creativity and enlightenment go hand in hand a lot? This would make it logical that forcing your muse is exactly what makes it die. Being detached and open allows ideas to flow in freely. Of course it's still not always the time for writing a lot of stuff. It has to be aligned with your higher self if you want to write a lot of high quality things.