Psychonaut

Read It Or Leave It Be

25 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, asgard94 said:

You can't say science is a 'perspective'. Because it is based on facts and only facts. The facts that we know for sure are real. Science is the activity of making the extended careful examination that is needed to properly understand aspects of the world that do not show themselves in a directly obvious manner. 
 What you seem to be saying is "If science does not explain everything, it is a perspective". Well, it doesn't have to be a perspective. It is not a 'perspective' to things it already does explain. For example, we know that 2x2=4 and this is the universal truth that can not be denied by any thing or any one in the universe. This is called an absolute truth. The whole purpose of science is to operate and make assumptions based only on facts and absolute truth. So in essence, you can't call science a 'perspective', unless you know nothing about science at all. . . 

Science is a perspective in the sense that it is a vantage point from which to view the world. Perspective means it is a lens and vantage point through which to view the world. Perspective doesn't imply that anything is true or false or that it is just an opinion.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

5 hours ago, Jesper said:

Maybe he has a scientific education, but he has some seriously crazy, unscientific theories. Not everybody who has a scientific eduction is automatically a real scientist. See for example Rupert Sheldrake on RationalWiki:

I decided to check the article on rationalwiki... First 7 seconds I read
"Rupert Sheldrake is a former scientist (very former, as in not doing science any more) who, since the 1980s, has preferred to promote his own pet theory of everythingcalled "morphic resonance". Sheldrake believes that "memory is inherent in nature" and that "natural systems, such as termite colonies, or pigeons, or orchid plants, or insulin molecules, inherit a collective memory from all previous things of their kind." and that this "morphic resonance" is also responsible for " 
And then I read the word "telepathy" and switched off the tab :) Good lord, I am tired of these PseudoPhiles! 

funny.. It seems that in spite of our spiritual work and all our mind openess, we can't help but always know better and have something to add :)

I have something to add

:P

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

You guys do realize everything here in this topic is one big paradox. Whatever you do is just more perspectives on views on life. End to knowledge comes when you realize your true nature because you see the limit of knowledge. There are no more questions when enlightement comes.

Still the truth is that mind does exist and it will continue to exists to serve itself by making new concepts. It is designed to do so and it will keep doing it until something new develops in humans.MInd is a work of art if you sat down and observed how it performs. :)

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels

@asgard94 Ego got scared. Read more.

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung