TJ Reeves

2017 in review, or why I no longer need actualized.org

43 posts in this topic

On 12/31/2017 at 10:15 AM, TJ Reeves said:

But as long as one sits there searching for an answer by isolating oneself or sitting around staring at a wall or imbibing yet another psychedelic, there's really no reason for the body to unlock itself. 

Exercise and meditation (staring at wall). Are not mutually exclusive and under most circumstances health/exercise is encouraged to pursue one's specific practice. This concept is not something new or extra ordinary "beyond comprehension".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaolin_Kung_Fu

Certain yogic poses help limber you up for Full lotus posture:
https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/count-yoga-38-ways-yoga-keeps-fit

There's much good in the path your pursuing ie. getting up early, abstaining from alcohol, sugar, etc.. These things just cloud the mind even more. I wish you the best. good luck on your journey.

3-SHAOLIN-MONKS-TRAINING.jpg

@TJ Reeves Hello !

To certain degree I can empathize on the MINDBODYSOUL death aspect.

I've been practicing BMX ( a genre of extreme/actions sports ) since 2007, without a lot of absence from the scene in past couple of years where part of my journey was to obsessively explore different things, beyond sports. Anyways I will get straight to the point :

There were so many moments when things got sour, for example being in a very wrong position as I was executing a trick over my capabilities. In such a small amount of time of reaction and of course not being in a natural body position to bail or land safely it's kinda' hard to anticipate or even control the situation. But here comes adrenaline, time slows down I get a very lucid in-the-moment perception. The understanding of what is happening happens after it happened ( emphasis on verb tenses, sorry it's that raw ) shortly i somehow got out of the situation and be alive or even pulling the trick, exhilarating if you ask me ^_^ Although most of people would dismiss this as reflexes or lucky I wasn't that satisfied with the answer because those moments are at the core of pushing the boundaries when practicing actions sports in general. I became aware of professional athletes that I have looked up to and all of them either liked to push themselves ( like an iterative process ) even harder by getting scared of what they attempt to do just to overcome that fear in order to pull the trick.

I don't know if those type of experiences are related to Coral, I constantly have so much to learn. Nevertheless, it is an interesting aspect of the human psyche, worthy of taking into consideration. 

Looking forward to see your work.

Peace

On 1/1/2018 at 3:40 PM, see_on_see said:

This is the most self-glorifying thread I've ever seen. Can't believe it got so much approval. Even claiming that no one else on the planet is high enough on the spiral scale to help Leo Gura reach Coral level. Beat that xD

It looks like the most gigantic egotistical thing I've ever read.  Coral?  Turquoise?  C'mon man!  Really?

I don't understand the all-fired extreme rush to the finish line either.  It also runs contrary to the concept of mastery, where's the 10-20 years of effort?  So skill-based, neural networks build 2x faster now?   Unless you're like Tolle & it just happens to you one day.