expeditus

80/20 principle

10 posts in this topic

Hi good day I stumbled upon the 80/20 principle and somehow i really liked this idea but can someone elaborate it more and give simpler examples of this pls. Thank you just a newbie?

I saw this concept before some days, I am planning to read the Book too, from some review on youtube it seems to be interesting.

80 percent of our results come from only 20 percent of our work - (it does not have to be exact 80/20 it could be 85/15,  75/25 etc)

In society, 20 per cent of criminals account for 80 per cent of the value of all crime

20 per cent of motorists cause 80 per cent of accidents.

It’s about focus and return. If you have a problem, spend 20% on the problem, and 80% on the solution.

If you want to be healthier, plant food and exercise 80%, 20% being lazy and junk food.

If you want financial success, 80% on business, work/skill improvement. 20% distracting and entertaining yourself. 

Many businesses rely on 20% of their client base for the majority of their income (80%).

I first read about it in the 4 hour work week. Basically, an Italian economist found patterns within nature and life that suggested that 80% of results come from 20% of the effort, and the last 20% of the results come from 80% of the effort. 

@Ocean I disagree with some of your examples, but I believe that you are essentially correct.

The way I see it is that some things (20%) produce a high yield of results (80%), and we should thus focus on those activities so we can greatly change our lives with relatively low amounts of effort, and a relatively high amount of rewards.

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato

4 hours ago, Cjaryo said:

@Ocean I disagree with some of your examples, but I believe that you are essentially correct.

The way I see it is that some things (20%) produce a high yield of results (80%), and we should thus focus on those activities so we can greatly change our lives with relatively low amounts of effort, and a relatively high amount of rewards.

Wow the simplest explanation that i just needed thank you so much

@expeditus If you spend 20% of your time meditating, healthy eating.... and other 80 doing shit you will still benefit 80% in the long run.

2 minutes ago, haai14 said:

@expeditus If you spend 20% of your time meditating, healthy eating.... and other 80 doing shit you will still benefit 80% in the long run.

Thank you so much

see leo's "3 steps to be ruthlessly effective at anything" for more on high yield techniques that produce 80% of the results