Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cabot

Morning Meditation Routine?

16 posts in this topic

What's the earliest you've meditated relative to waking up? How do you do it? Can you do it without caffeine? 

I am not a morning person, so every bit of advice will help... Thanks. ^_^

:ph34r:

In my opinion you need to build this habit slowly. Shift your alarm back by 15 minutes every week or so... it's individual. Don't push yourself too hard or you'll rather stay in bed (-:

When I wake up (or I should rather say "open my eyes"), I brush my teeth and straight after that I do my meditation (with fresh breath (-:) which is usually 15-30 minutes after waking up. It was very difficult at the beginning, but now it's... well, difficult too. I still have to kinda force myself, but it's less painful than it used to be.

Read it all, tried it all, can't remember any of it.

@Cabot You should try practice waking up.  I've yet to actually put this to the test but apparantely if you practice waking up during the day you will eventually be able to wake up without a bother in the morning .  It takes a lot of training though. -_-

Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna start my new habit on Monday. :) 

Honestly, my goal is just as long as I meditate every day, I don't care when I do it. Some days I do it when I'm tired (worst meditation sessions) and sometimes when I just feel I should and can. but I never miss a day. I think that's where your mind should really be.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Truth I do meditate every day, most of the time before bedtime. I'm aiming for two sessions with this. :)

7 minutes ago, Cabot said:

@Truth I do meditate every day, most of the time before bedtime. I'm aiming for two sessions with this. :)

Oooh. I love meditating in the morning, I'd say comfort is key here for me whatever makes me more comfortable, I shut everything off and sit down, it's a great feeling, it's like waking up with the sun and everyones still asleep this is around 6-7 am for me.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Truth I know it's gonna be awesome... I just need to get my ass used to going to bed really early since I need to be at work 7 am... :) 

@Cabot Do it anytime before breakfast and don't use coffee prior to that. It dehydrate you and lowers down your vibration. Generally speaking if you want to improve your intuition you might want to try to stop drinking coffee at all and see the difference for yourslef

@Amplituda How to fight falling asleep then? Only thing that falls to mind is light physical activity and cold water. 
I will consider leaving caffeine after I do some research! 

@Cabot Aren't you having enough sleep during the night. Your normal condition when you wake up in the morning should be energized and pretty calm. If that's not the case see if you can work out issues with good deep sleep

3 hours ago, Cabot said:

@Amplituda How to fight falling asleep then? Only thing that falls to mind is light physical activity and cold water. 
I will consider leaving caffeine after I do some research! 

Keep your eyes open, this helps, and also for me to keep me up and awake, I force myself to think about stuff (girls, goals, plans, contemplation, self inquiry.), whatever I want and just watch it. This is only when I'm exhausted and I feel it's gonna be a tough meditation.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Cabot  I wake up at 4:45 am

Step 1 DO NOT SNOOZE 

Step 2 Be aware that of your surrounding and take a minute or so to feel your body ( don't fall asleep ?

Step 3 Plenty of water 

Step 4 Shower ( cold or hot ) 

Step 5 Meditation ( 30 min ) 

This is a simplified module that I use and I have to be at work by 6am .

Try and experiment different ways and see what fits you ☺!!!!

Ohhhh almost forgot ...DO YOUR BED ?

I managed to do it today guys. I didn't hit that snooze button my morning self loves so much! :D

I had breakfast, meditated for 20 minutes, then went to work. 

I stayed in bed for about 10 minutes trying to keep my eyes open, feel my body and surroundings... It was difficult to be honest. My eyes really wanted to close but I persisted.

It is funny how different my morning self is from my daily self. It's very good at making up all kinds of excuses to sleep in. It is priority number one, then a hundred empty slots, then everything else. Quite a dissonance to the evening self, that has all these goals and ambitions. The complete opposite. 

But this is not the proper way to view it, from what I've learned recently. It's just a habit, right? I am not a a snoozer, I just have a habit of snoozing. 

Thank you for your support and effort guys. If anyone has any reading material relevant to the subject please reference it. Why is it so difficult to keep my eyes open when I wake up? I feel I need to read up on this sleep inertia, or whatever it's called. Or does it only have to do with the circadian rhythm and strong habits? 

My sleep quality is good. I work out. I have a clean diet. I meditate. I fixed all the common issues, but I still find it so hard to just wake up on command. 

I wake up early, do yoga which wakes me up, then meditate :) yoga is better than caffeine 

@CabotAs soon as you wake up, or realize that you your alarm is gone off, jump out of bed immediately, like just force yourself. Don’t stay in bed ‘needing time to wake up’. I noticed for me this marks my day i.e. the whole day tends to follow the lazy pattern if I've been taking too long to get upng up, and if I just snapped out of the bed, the day seems to follow this pattern too, I’m much quicker to just do stuff.