Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CruellerSloth

Am I stupid or impatient?

4 posts in this topic

As a few of you maybe know I started a business in kindle publishing a few months ago (more info in this thread https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/15041-how-to-combine-spirituality-and-business-for-a-total-noob/)

I recognized that I don't have a problem with practicing spirituality and doing business at the same time, but I have another big fight going on in my head right now and I would love some feedback from this awesome community.

So I am into this for a few months now. It started out pretty good, but not for long. Now I'm at a point where I am barely making any money.

I live WAY below my means right now so I can invest money into this. So far I invested 7 times the amount that I made from it.

Here's my question: Am I stupid (for investing and getting nothing in return and wanting to go on like that) or am I just impatient?

There's this little voice inside my head. This voice is getting louder and clearer since I started personal development nearly 2 years ago and I learned to listen to that voice. Right now it's telling me "Don't stop, go on and try it. You knew from the beginning that this is going to be hard so don't be a little bitch and get back to work and hustle". (You guys know that quote "99% of people is working for the 1% that didn't quit"?)

And then there's the louder voice, the voice that tells me "you're stupid for spending all that money and not getting anything back. You could have spent that for travelling or this or that or bla bla bla...."

I really want to listen to the first voice, but I don't know if I really am on the right track. At this moment I feel kinda lost. So I wanted to share this, maybe just to get some motivation. 

Thanks guys, Merry Christmas and much love from Austria!

That's precisely where life purpose becomes invaluable. If you knew your LP, you would know which direction is right. But now you're just a leaf in the wind.

When you base your business on making a quick buck, 95% of the time you end up with neither the satisfaction of following your passion, nor the big bucks.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's precisely where life purpose becomes invaluable. If you knew your LP, you would know which direction is right. But now you're just a leaf in the wind.

When you base your business on making a quick buck, 95% of the time you end up with neither the satisfaction of following your passion, nor the big bucks.

Word.

9 hours ago, CruellerSloth said:

I live WAY below my means right now so I can invest money into this. So far I invested 7 times the amount that I made from it

The Thing is... did you really CARE about your customers? DO you make YOUR product the best of the best -- even if it cost you 10 hours more to format it a lil' better? My style is at this moment, that I do products to help people (I work in a company). Biggest Issues there: NOT ENOUGH TIME. My Product has the ability to save time - AND THIS IS HOW I WILL PRESENT IT! But guess what... they don't have much time... because of that I have to present it REALLY good, because they're not at university and have 5 hours free to google my fancy vocabular afterwards.... I don't know if it will pay out instantly(but I'll tell in a while), but at least it's more rewarding while im doing it:)

Edited by supremeyingyang

A few months to become not only a respected author but one that lives off it? Try and imagine how many people have tried what you are trying with your business, and then think how many failed, and then think how many years did it take for those that succeeded to actually succeed. People tell me I am pessimistic so I apologies if it comes off that way, but really i say you are exceptionally impatient for success atm.