How to be wise

How many seconds can you inhale?

9 posts in this topic

So I’m currently practicing Kriya yoga, and there are some techniques that require you to inhale for 10-15 seconds. The max that I can inhale is 5 seconds. Does anyone have any tips on how to considerably increase inhalation time? Thanks. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Easy!

Breathe through a straw, you want to decrease the velocity of air and you want to breathe in your lower chamber. 

There are 3 chambers of respiration

1. The first is shallow - its your upper chest - where smokers inhale and exhale from 

2. The second is the normal breathing pattern, your lungs haha.

3. The third is your lower abdomen. If you can learn how to breathe from here, you should feel the air going all the way down your body all the way to your genitals. 

Let me know if you need more help, I've been doing these techniques for a couple years now and I practice them while exercising as well. 

4 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

Easy!

Breathe through a straw, you want to decrease the velocity of air and you want to breathe in your lower chamber. 

There are 3 chambers of respiration

1. The first is shallow - its your upper chest - where smokers inhale and exhale from 

2. The second is the normal breathing pattern, your lungs haha.

3. The third is your lower abdomen. If you can learn how to breathe from here, you should feel the air going all the way down your body all the way to your genitals. 

Let me know if you need more help, I've been doing these techniques for a couple years now and I practice them while exercising as well. 

Thanks man!

How do I breathe through my lower abdomen?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

How to considerably increase inhalation time? Inhale considerably slower.

@How to be wise just breath into your stomach & diaphragm as much air as you can, then breath out as slow as you can, keep repeating. It takes around 10 minutes to expand it to 15. Singers do this to warm up. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Markus it’s not as simple as it sounds 

5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Markus it’s not as simple as it sounds 

It takes some practice, but that's the gist of it. Also, are you sure you need 10-15 seconds or just counting to 10-15?