John

Paradox of letting go?

3 posts in this topic

It became very apparent to me recently the depths of letting go. I mean there's letting go, easing up your worrying, lightening your load a bit, and there's fucking letting go. Dropping every intention, every expectation, every belief, every idea, every notion of how things should be and completely resting with reality as it is. 

I'm not saying I have come to that level yet, but I now see it as a possibility and would like to work towards it.

At the same time, I have some toxic beliefs that need to be worked on. I have anxieties and neuroses that need attention, illumination and reparation. I have to read about them, do therapy for them, meditate on them. This is all activity and giving a lot of energy to the things that I say I want to let go of.

Does one simply do both at the very same time? Embrace the paradox of it?

Would appreciate feedback here and maybe some recommendations for resources on letting go.

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Yeah — the best way I have found to do this is to loosely cling to the paradox: I am a self and not a self.  This way you can work on both sides of the paradox at once.  On the one hand you are finding the Higher-Self, which is still the Ego, just a more purified version.  On the other hand, you are releasing from being an Ego all together.  What you’ll find is that this work is essentially a long term project.  You can’t really prentend that you have ditched the Ego — when it is still there.  But what you can do is strip as much delusion out of your beliefs as possible and the let your cup re-fill with more wholesome, loosely held, tentative beliefs.  And then you do some psychedelics to really locate the Authentic-Self, so you can feel what that is and be able to locate that within you.  Now you have a rock to stand on — which is beyond beliefs.  Once you discover the Authentic-Self — all beliefs are seen as attempts to augment the Authentic-Self into something that isn’t quite what is really there.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:34 PM, John said:

It became very apparent to me recently the depths of letting go. I mean there's letting go, easing up your worrying, lightening your load a bit, and there's fucking letting go. Dropping every intention, every expectation, every belief, every idea, every notion of how things should be and completely resting with reality as it is. 

I'm not saying I have come to that level yet, but I now see it as a possibility and would like to work towards it.

At the same time, I have some toxic beliefs that need to be worked on. I have anxieties and neuroses that need attention, illumination and reparation. I have to read about them, do therapy for them, meditate on them. This is all activity and giving a lot of energy to the things that I say I want to let go of.

Does one simply do both at the very same time? Embrace the paradox of it?

Would appreciate feedback here and maybe some recommendations for resources on letting go.

Not “at the same time”. Pick one or the other. I would pick letting go. “Anxieties and neuroses” don’t need attention. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE