Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon Nankivell

The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi

3 posts in this topic

For those of you who've read the book, I'm wondering if there is anything about it you disagree with?

Potential discussion points:

• Is the Iron Rule of Tomassi #2 viable in the context of a monogamous LTR? (Never, under pain of death, honestly or dishonestly reveal the number of women you've slept with or explain any detail of your sexual experiences with them to a current lover)
  • ONE-itis (An unhealthy romantic obsession with a single person. Usually accompanied by unreciprocated affection and completely unrealistic idealization of the said person) Do you agree that it's unhealthy to pursue a 'soul mate'? Why or why not?
  • The feminine imperative (for one gender to realize their sexual imperative the other must sacrifice their own. This is the root source of power the feminine imperative uses to establish its own reality as the normative one. From this flows the rules of engagement for dating / mating, operative social conventions used to maintain cognitive dominance, and laws and legalities that bind society to the benefit of the feminine) Is this idea rooted in misogyny?
Edited by Brandon Nankivell
Forgot to underline a key term

@Brandon Nankivell Not read the book per say but, whats with the  Iron Rule of Tomassi #2? 

I mean I wouldn't say unless she asked but why is it advised against?

On 2017-12-24 at 8:10 AM, Brandon Nankivell said:

ONE-itis (An unhealthy romantic obsession with a single person. Usually accompanied by unreciprocated affection and completely unrealistic idealization of the said person) Do you agree that it's unhealthy to pursue a 'soul mate'? Why or why not

That's a sad perspective, sure it's not perfect but that not the reason why. 

Feminine imperative? Is that some kind of MGTOW thingy? On one hand surely a lot of guys misbehave themselves, but on the other I do know of a guy(a friend of an girl I dated) who is in prison for a crime he did not commit according to her.

I love the part in that book about being single in your 20s. This is hugely powerful, because I think nobody really knows what they truly want in a relationship until they’ve had some real life experience in them. Say in your 30s...

Great book, great read.