tyler7415

Resolving Strong Negative Emotions

4 posts in this topic

How would one accept, let go of, and resolve extremely strong negative emotions and experiences that are based in trauma experienced in childhood and teenage years? Ive watched Leo's videos and other peoples videos regarding this topic but I still don't know a real solution. When I choose to let the emotions out, I find myself bipolar, and mostly out of control.  Ive done therapy although I have an extremely difficult time opening up. Im going to do more therapy in the future to resolve this. Can anyone recommend any solutions to these types of problems. Thank you if you respond.

Edited by tyler7415

On 08/12/2017 at 5:25 AM, tyler7415 said:

How would one accept, let go of, and resolve extremely strong negative emotions and experiences that are based in trauma experienced in childhood and teenage years? Ive watched Leo's videos and other peoples videos regarding this topic but I still don't know a real solution. When I choose to let the emotions out, I find myself bipolar, and mostly out of control.  Ive done therapy although I have an extremely difficult time opening up. Im going to do more therapy in the future to resolve this. Can anyone recommend any solutions to these types of problems. Thank you if you respond.

Meditate 20 minutes everyday (for the rest of your life), and try to be conscious of your thoughts (watching them) as much as you can 24/7.

Then after let's say a month, try again to let the emotions out and to feel it fully without thinking about anything, just feeling the emotion.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Don't allow the strong emotions with the motivation to resolve them. I know that sounds paradoxical, but this is what resolves them. 

@tyler7415 I had a tremendous anger issue. It took everything to turn it around; diet, meditation, (tried medications but it didn’t help, it subdued it and caused side effects), self inquiry, daily exercise, and listening to a lot of videos on positive thinking, and reading a lot of books on freeing the mind, really digging into my life and accomplishing what I desired to, and utilizing creative outlets / activities. In hindsight, I was always casting a negative counter balance like perspective, but I didn’t realize it, because I thought my view was the most accurate, realistic one. Those activities opened my eyes to see how wrong I was and how much I was missing out on in my life by trying to be right all the time. It was like I put how I felt last, and learned to put it first, so I could experience compassion. Then later, psychedelics opened my eyes much more.  I had also tried therapy. It seems to help most, but it didn’t help me, other than to expedite the realization that I had to decide to take care of myself. I’m thankful for it in that regard. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE