Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

How To Get Money To Read Books?

7 posts in this topic

Do you prefer hardcopy books, e-books, PDFs? I personally want the actual hard-copy book, but in order to get the books one needs, one would need a loooot of money. Should I just PDF them all? Maybe I will get used to them. Thanks for reading ;)

You can find used books on Amazon or Ebay for next to nothing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There are a ton of free books in the public domain on project gutenberg.

My recommendation is to just get an ebook reader or use your smartphone/tablet and sign up to scribd.com (or any similar alternatives, but scribd is the biggest that I know) . It's like netflix for books. I think it's like 12 bucks a month but it claims to have "hundreds of thousands" of e-books available that you can instantly read. It's kind of like having access to a huge e-book library. I've been using it for some months now and I love it. It's got a lot of good stuff on there. It's what I used to start a reading habit. 

If you (or anyone else) is interested, I can send you an invite code to get the first 2 months for free, just send a PM if you want. 

@JevinR There should be a bunch of books in public libraries, if nothing then huge, popular ones. That is a tad better if screen reading strains your eyes too much. 

Please keep this discussion within the parameters of our User Guidlines. This is a discussion of legal books purchases only.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I prefer hardcopy books, paperback or the other kind, but as I'm living in a fairly small place at the moment (and will be for about another year, at least), I just don't have space for them. So I'm sticking to e-books for now. They also come with the bonus of usually being somewhat cheaper than the other kind ;)