Jedd

Multiple Purposes

7 posts in this topic

I recently asked a multi million dollar CEO of a clothing company what his purpose was and he replied that he has multiple purposes.

• So is it possible to have more than 1 purpose at once or in a lifetime?

or

• Is it true that "the man who chases 2 rabbits catches neither"?

i would say it is possible but if you are looking for something really valuable the chance might be better to stick with one and really focus on it(from the perspective of so good they can't ignore you by cal newport)

@BjarkeT Chances might also be better if you stick to 9-to-5, because business is so risky :P

Apply consciousness to the burned area

@Azote probably true but might be irrelevant as I am not talking about me and even if elon musk is busy he is still able to make successes 

i might have misunderstood now that i reread it sorry for the trouble 

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT Didn't get the elon mask part, sorry)

What I meant was that there is no universal law telling one can only have 1 life purpose. So maybe it is the issue of having the guts to risk and do what you ("you" in general) really are. I can't really tell why quitting 9-to-5 should be encouraged while going after more than 1 purpose shouldn't.

Apply consciousness to the burned area

@Azote i agree that going with your gut is probably the best idea but i am not sure you could call the ideas in so good they can't ignore you laws the same way with science the ideas in the book don't say you can have one life purpose rather that that is the best chance to become passion about what you do is to have one life purpose as it give a better chance to become so good they can't ignore you(you will probably understand it better if you read the book :) )

Edited by BjarkeT