Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany_Inspired

Reminder: Listen to your body/ respect temple

4 posts in this topic

Please consider doing whatever it takes to keep stress from harming you....

I've just come out of the hospital with a terrible stress ulcer. How is this possible with mindfulness, meditation, gratitude, breathing, etc?

Well, when the external stresses are extreme and unavoidable, especially when they pile up...I can still respond with negative thought spirals etc...and in these more extreme instances all mindfulness/ ability to calmly breathe, etc seems to go out the window....

...and, there are worse illnesses that can result from these dangerous stress reactions...I wish I had a magic cure to suggest...but all I can think of is to attempt to better manage our thoughts...better connect to our own healing life-force...and further enliven our optimism...if you have additional ideas, great!

maxresdefault[2].jpg

It's not because you don't have enough awareness now to stay present during those hard moments that you will never have.

Just keep practising, you will be suprised how calm you will be able to be in some months/years.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin thanks for the pep-talk...yeah, my 2 years of practice have helped me somewhat...I am much better at dealing with negative emotions...soon I'll be better with the thoughts too...

I've been re-watching all of Leo's videos on stress, negative thoughts etc. The most valuable things were the reminder to focus on the hero's journey so that the obstacles are viewed in a different light, and to switch the "what if's" to positive potential scenarios. These tools have really been helping me regain my strength. 

That said, I seem to be in a loop-hole to Leo's method of removing the physical stressors. There seems to be one exception, and I'm in it: co-parenting! You can break-up with dysfunctional partners, you can disown your unhealthy influence friends/family, quit your job, etc...but you are stuck co-parenting with the other party (even if they are seriously fucked!)...it's just the way our laws work...and when the other party is fucked, going to court etc becomes an obligation...I also find it 100,000 times harder to detach from the outcomes when it comes to my child's best interests, or unhealthy influences on her...this is where all of my stress has occurred, and from re-watching the video's I understand exactly why all the stress went to my stomach now.

Still, I'm at a bit of a loss, for how to distance myself from this stress externally. At least I can once again work on my internal reactions. ..."but Leo"...We can take all of the responsibility for our lives, but there can still be those with ill intentions, disturbed people that intentionally want to fuck with us...and occasionally we have no option but to deal with them, so, what do we do?

On 1.12.2017 at 6:46 AM, Epiphany_Inspired said:

Still, I'm at a bit of a loss, for how to distance myself from this stress externally. At least I can once again work on my internal reactions. ..."but Leo"...We can take all of the responsibility for our lives, but there can still be those with ill intentions, disturbed people that intentionally want to fuck with us...and occasionally we have no option but to deal with them, so, what do we do?

We show love to those people, don't make your love conditioned upon the behaviour of others, our unity can't possibly be damaged by any kind of behaviour. Resisting them will only drain your energy and reinforce the ill intentions you describe.
I understand the space your arguments come from, that it is about your child, yet it dosen't change the truth. I have difficulties myself to be unconditionally loving to my environment but it gets better over time. Taking life too seriously is the real obstacle here.