Ludwig

Your Best Life Hacks

39 posts in this topic

Let's share some hacks from all areas of life that make it more smooth. :)

I'll share my first one: Watching youtube-videos at 1,5x normal speed. Works fine with a lot of videos and saves you quite some time. Your brain also lerns to process information quicker. I mostly do this with informational type videos.

Wow an awesome post, I'll be sharing multiple life hacks as they come

Water is absorbed better cold than not by your body so that equals better hydration, which in turn comes with a lot of health benefits. 

Grapes according to Dr. Sheridan help with either cancelling out cancer or helping with cancer

Dr. Sheridans website Healthforce website offers a tea called Earth that has so many nutritional natural compounds, that when I took it I felt this calming zen feeling for my body, my body said I love you right after =)

Edited by DizIzMikey

- I put loud energetic music, to help my laziness get excited to clean the house. it works.

- I carefully set a track list on an wake-up alarm to play automatically every morning, starting with soft ambient music and it culminates into more energetic and noisy music as the Track list it goes. it helps me to wake up gradually.

- I use smaller dishes to eat, after I realized that the dish size will affect how much you will eat unconsciously, I'm losing weight.

- A teaspoon of honey before a meal can help my stomach feel more satisfied and eat less.

- It's much quicker and easier to wash the dishes immediately after every meal than keeping it for later, and with this, you also reduce water consumption.

- Doing a routine habit, or playing ridiculous mobile games like Candy Crush set on a silent mood, helps me focus on listening to audio books.

Edited by Rufus

- listen to (self-help-) audiobooks wherever you go alone (like shopping, bus rides, when doing boring stuff like laundry, dishes, when walking anywere). This will give you tons of time well spent, and you are not missing anything. Also reduces negative monkey talk in your head during that time.

- Count your calories. This may sound terrible and I actively avoided it for years, but its THE most powerful tool for any weight problems or muscle gaining/health issues you might have. Those numbers wont lie and you will never have a "bad feeling" when eating anymore because you know for a fact whats enough and what not. Its actually a great relief, because you can NOT eat by hunger and feeling alone in a world full of processed food, hidden calories and social eating habits.

I enjoy my occasional piece (or two) of greasy meat or cake even more, now that i can predict that it wont affect me in any sort of way if i give it a minute of thought. 

I have a weekly schedule on a whiteboard on the fridge.

There's a lot of life hacks that stem from watching Leo's videos.

I will schedule especially helpful video's (victim vid) weekly. I'll listen to them in the shower, during dishes, etc. The key is to HEAR his messages. Don't mindlessly consume.

This has helped me exponentially. I find the media intake I allow in my life to be the best catalyst for ANY life hack.

For example I can execute a "hack" as long as it's in my head but after a while it can become a source of anxiety on things I'm not doing but know I should be. By motivating myself with content I find I resonate with, and RE-WATCHING weekly until I no longer find it necessary, I will continue whatever "hacks" I deem useful for my own life regularly until it's part of my daily lifestyle.

Apply the Ideal Self Image to ANY life hack you wish to incorporate to your life. I'M THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO VALUES ORAL HYGIENE. And then BAM I'm flossing, tongue scraping, and oil pulling on the daily (with time and discipline) without effort. It's quite amazing. Hopefully this can add a bit of help in your journey although I may not have answered your question! :) Best of luck Ludwig.

Love & Light

Gabrielle

Taking Pictures and then taking a bit of your day to be more mindful of them, it really helps!

• as soon as i wake up every morning i mix 1 scoop of Amazing Grass greens powder (or any for that matter) in a shaker bottle with some water and down it. (i do IF so it helps to wake me up and gets me loads of micro nutrients at the start of the day, and helps with any hunger i may have in the morning)
  • after that i meditate for 15 minutes while listening to this 

• then i will fill out my "5 minute journal" (pdf link: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/10/30/the-five-minute-journal/) and (if i feel inspired to do so or if i am in a particularly good or bad mood) i will write about a page of anything from poetry to affirmations in my journal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is quite the contrast from my usual mornings a year or so ago when i would sleep in wayyy too late, wake up angry at myself and the world, smoke a cigarette or two (or a bowl), get overly caffeinated, and head to class or work (depending on the day)

So my second hack is using twilight on my smartphone and laptop. It's an app that adjusts the brightness of the display to the time of the day. It imitates the colour temperature of the sun, so in the evening for example your screen will be warmer. (little more red and little more dim)

This relaxes your eyes and brain. I also try to avoid electronic devices as much as i can 2h before sleep.

The App is free.

reducing the amount of stuff that i have in my room. if i didnt use for a very long time, i will probably never use it again. less stuff in your room means less distraction.

destroy my only gaming console. it was interesting how my thoughts about playing certain new games vanished because of my gaming console gone.

listen to music with much harmony. you will be able to focus much better. basically stopped listening to techno, handsup, heavier electro/house stuff and started to listen to jazz in the night before going to sleep, listen to classic music and some deep house throughout the day.

everyday i eat: 2 teaspoons of olive oil and one portion of oatflakes with honey plus joghurt or milk.

i usually drink still water or tea only

Whenever I feel that I'm getting upset, I stop to ask myself "why am I getting upset?" Then I try to find something funny about the situation. Then I say something compassionate to myself.

E.g. I'm getting upset, because I have to do something that I can't do well and I'm very self-conscious.

--> "Where's this perfectionism coming from? I thought I'd gotten rid of it with those exercises back in 2012!" (Makes me smile.)

--> "If I think about it, I'm actually very brave to go way out of my comfort zone to do this thing, voluntarily! And this discomfort, isn't it the feeling of being alive that I'm always looking for?"

I'm laughing to myself and the bad mood is gone.

This is the best life hack I know. ;) 

- Using f.lux on my PC (also available on other plattforms) to adjust the color temperature to the current daytime. Before I've been using this I got some problems with my eyes after long periods of work in front of my computer and I think that my sleeping problems also improved because of this ....

- Taking some vitamin D3. (I wasn't ill since that and it improves mood as well.)

- Doing physical exercise at least 2 times a week. (I believe it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you do something.)

- Using the time-management / task planning methode "Getting Things Done". (I'm using the app "remember the milk" for this but I believe there also other good ones.)

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:20 AM, wasabelll said:

reducing the amount of stuff that i have in my room. if i didnt use for a very long time, i will probably never use it again. less stuff in your room means less distraction.

destroy my only gaming console. it was interesting how my thoughts about playing certain new games vanished because of my gaming console gone.

listen to music with much harmony. you will be able to focus much better. basically stopped listening to techno, handsup, heavier electro/house stuff and started to listen to jazz in the night before going to sleep, listen to classic music and some deep house throughout the day.

everyday i eat: 2 teaspoons of olive oil and one portion of oatflakes with honey plus joghurt or milk.

i usually drink still water or tea only

Does destroying your game console imply actually destroying it? I've been trying to sell it...but it may come to that lol.

it was an xbox 360 of the first generation. so it wasn't really worth much. could've maybe gotten 50€ but I resisted selling it. I was too weak. Destroying it was a very active procedure that I didn't really regret after all.

Some life hacks I have come across.

Proper sleep. Stop eating and drinking 4 hours before bed...even if you are hungry, This will force you to get on a proper eating and water consumption schedule. Get a fan or air purifier for steady noise. Noise should be not too high and also not too low, but just in the middle.

Meditate in the MORNING, because your mind is still open. Wake, shower or brush teeth, then sit.

Strong determinism meditation instantly puts you into a more free state after 30 minutes, clutter free of money mind. Also Shinzen's mindfulness techniques. Echkart tolle is a great teacher. Visit a Zen monistary and learn techniques for "proper" meditation. That really comes in handy for sitting meditation.

Putting water in all the most common places in your environment.

Eat a combination of vegetarian, paleo, and protein shakes. Organic plant based protein, with POWDERED peanut butter. Mix with a blender. The newest Nutribullet is recommended.

Get a Costco membership card. 50 dollars a year but more than worth it. Bulk healthy items at the lowest price possible. Lots of organics, and lots of simple household items that you need, again, for next to nothing but very superb quality. Sam's and BJ's also works, but Coscto is the best. Also cheapest gas prices.

Take care of everything that is on your mind right now. Then do conscious work. If your room needs cleaning get that shit done. If your car needs washing...get that shit done asap. Get all the basics done then focus on consciousness. As Peter Ralston states..."What does a monk do besides meditation? Laundry."

In salads, cut all ingredient into smaller pieces in order to consume it easier without so much chewing. Normal sized baby carrots take a long time to chew and digest making some people not want to eat over and over. Cut spinach, kale, carrots, Broccoli, cucumbers, celery, and asparagus all into smaller pieces. Not microscopic, but just so its easer to eat and not totally time consuming. Let's make everything efficient as possible.

Control finances. If you are young, do not take out loans on impulse. Be very conscious of your money and where it is going.

Join the military right out of high school for the minimum amount of time possible to gain life experience and resume/benefit experience while making decent money.

Attend online college while in military so you have a head start over most people. Military and college at the same time...plus it's paid for. Why not do it.

Master the resume. If the resume is not mastered...you will have smaller chance of getting quality jobs.

Have teachers in ALL areas of life. Study Conor Mcregor and the level of spirituality he has reached. It's easy to say, "oh no he's an air head." But if you look closely and study interviews and fights he is the real deal, rather his being has grasped the truths and best ways thinking...or lack thereof, and accomplishing things in a spiritual manner.  

Edited by Hunter Arrington

-if you need to work / study in front of a computer use StayFocused extension for chrome so you won't "accidentally" enter time wasting websites.

-if you have trouble getting up in the morning put your alarm clock in the bathroom near the shower than make it an instinct to turn off your alarm clock and then immediately turn on the shower so you will be obliged to take your shower and you won't return to sleep.

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

Quit facebook.

Don't watch TV.

Go outside every day at least 30-60 Minutes, regardless of the weather.

Read to my children every day at least 10 Minutes. It's not really a hack but it's a good habit :)

Eat as healthy as possible.

yeaahh, @Annie I agree. Guys, for those of you who have facebook account - delete it. No excuses. Best life hack ever.

In reading Self Improvement or Spiritual books, I will write, then later type, the points I learned on a single page. I take that page with me to my meditations. What came of this (so far) is that all I need to know or do in my life is written on just a few pages that I can access any time. I keep these pages in a certain place, easily accessible. This has really simplified the whole thing, and as allowed me to focus much more on what I am intent on doing.

Edited by WarPants

@WarPants I do this as well, it's very convenient; I also have a large Dropbox folder where the uploaded summaries synchronize with all of my other devices and I can access those easily no matter where I am.

@Ludwig That's a different one, what button exactly do you press to increase the speed?:)) thanks for sharing.