Psyche_92

Increased Interest In Risky/dangerous Careers.

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

Since my realization of true Self, i became more interested in careers that hold a high risk e.g. Cop, fireman, marines, army,....
I'm trying to define if this is a deeper longing of true self wanting to express itself, or just some random impulsive attack from ego.
I had some interest in becoming a cop for some time, but it never was so intense. 

Thanks,

Psyche_92

@Psyche_92 sounds like social conditioning has you gravitating towards generic professions that Western society generally covets as honorable or selfless. You're on the right track in terms of contribution/outward thinking. However, it's probably worth understanding your inclination more deeply. What else other than risking your life makes you want to become a police officer?

Edited by beastmode

Fire Brigade - The Move.

Cast your mind back ten years
To the girl who's next to me in school
If I put me hand upon her leg
She hit me with a rule
*Though tomorrow won't be long
You're gonna have to play it cool
You get fascinated by her
She could set the place on fire
**Run and get the fire brigade
Get the fire brigade
See the buildings start to really burn
Get the fire brigade
Get the fire brigade
If you jump you've got to wait your turn...

If you TRULLY want a risky career, you can try Poker ?

The centering in the present moment and all spiritual practices turn the already beautiful game of Poker into Gold. It's a beautiful dance. 

It feels like I am playing with cheat codes, when I can just recede in myself and experience bliss while I perceive others are getting bored on the table and play way more hands than they should - making mistakes. 

In the toughest situations self inquiry and meditation have helped me remain calm and collected no matter what - no matter if I lose big. Instead of getting angry, i go deeper within. I bet this has made a big difference in my performance.

Beautiful place to do both money and spiritual practice all at once. But you need to have experience in poker to be good. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Those careers may seem risky but if you look at the stats for the particular department you'd be a part of... you'll be surprised.  Plus.. there is not much risk in the guaranteed paycheck you'll be getting on time every time!  If you truly desire to take one of those assignments, try and make friends with somebody that does that to get the inside track.  I have a friend that is a firefighter, and a helicopter medic.  Those guys sit around and do nothing for 48 hours at a time... until the call comes...  

you might want to try a practicum.

perhaps it helps to inform yourself of the daily routines und storys  of the job you strive for.

Good luck.