Yonkon

Best Ways To Eliminate Your Limiting Beliefs

3 posts in this topic

I've come to the conclusion that i have shockingly many limiting beliefs, some are subtle like "I hate raisins" (i love them but i always try to convince myself that i'm hating them) and more major ones like "I am sick and unhealthy".

What are your most effective methods for killing those little bastards? 

I like the Sedona Method for emotional related beliefs, also Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.

First, I acknowledge that I am very limited in general for experience and knowledge. There is FAR more I don't know than know. Also, each time I say "I believe", walls arise and I am more closed-minded than a mindset of "I don't know".

I try to be aware and challenge these beliefs. What is the source of the belief? Is the belief true? And be willing to let it go. It is difficult for deeply-held beliefs. For example, I recently started dating a gal I really like. She has talked about being "monogamish". I have a belief I can only go to deeper levels with someone in an exclusive relationship. A nonexclusive relationship would be "just for fun" and I shouldn't get emotionally involved.  I feel it and tell myself I am programmed that way. It is a very deeply-held belief. Yet, what is the source of that belief? Is it true? . . . During meditation last night, I let go of it for a while and there was no attachment or identity. Possibilities arose. Those possibilities may not be my truth, yet it was clear the belief and my self image is limiting and I had never seen those possibilities before. 

Enlightenment work is the best strategy for minimizing limiting beliefs in your life.