egoless

Life/career Coach As My Life Purpose

14 posts in this topic

I have been into human psychology and personal development since my early childhood. I always got fascinated by human possibilities and potentialities to achieve greatness. Since in my country psychology and life coaching was not really a good career (there is no market for it) I decided to study Business Administration. I worked in Finance field and it does not resonate with me at all. Now I study abroad and constantly thinking about finding my LP again. I have been always great adviser in 1 on 1 conversations with my friends. I have this natural talent to motivate and inspire others when they feel down. I am very bad at public speaking though and I struggle to motivate and inspire myself sometimes. I am however good at providing that service to others. I see other's problems vividly and am able to analyze possible solution for them. Since my childhood friends usually came to me when they were feeling down to get motivation or advice. I always wanted to have my own school where I could develop people and give them life and career advises. The problem however is my mind - which is my enemy right now. It creates these barriers in my head that it is too late or it is impossible. I know I need to overcome myself but I am kinda nervous to make the moves. I don't know where this career change would bring me. Where should I start? Will I go back to my country or stay where I am currently studying? All these issues overload my brains and I struggle to make final decision!

Admins move this topic to life purpose sections It was my mistake to open it here.

@Ether That is highly debatable statement so I don't really want to discuss it here.

@Ether ReproduceB|

I  do agree it's a bad term, "calling" or "life goal" would in my opinion be more clear.

@egoless Don't think of "this country" or "that country" or "this person" or "that person." Take a pen and a notebook and start writing down whatever flows into your mind. It's about you, not them. If you don't like pen & paper, then do what comes naturally for you.

3 hours ago, Key Elements said:

@egoless Don't think of "this country" or "that country" or "this person" or "that person." Take a pen and a notebook and start writing down whatever flows into your mind. It's about you, not them. If you don't like pen & paper, then do what comes naturally for you.

yes but you can not neglect practical matters.

3 hours ago, egoless said:

yes but you can not neglect practical matters.

Writing in a notebook is the simplest and the most practical example I can think of. :D This is how I found my life purpose. I just took a pen and kept writing words of the pictorial language I didn't know. I learned words and became a bilingual teacher.  That was the natural thing for me to do. I wrote a book, did paintings, and made a website -- all because I picked up a pen and went through a natural process due to my intuition. Of course, it took time.

My question to you is: when you get out of your seat now, what are you going to do naturally according to yourself? Pick up a pen? A paintbrush? A tool? A cookbook? A math book? A storybook? Exercise? What?

@Key Elements I did not quite understood your last question but If you mean what I would actually do is study because I am doing Master's. But what I would like to do is explore the world and experience new interesting things. I love searching for information on different topics of my interest.

@egoless I'm talking about what are you going to do for your enjoyment? What are useful activities do you love to do on your free time? I'm talking about doing it now.

(I'm not talking about your university, getting a Master's, or going to a different country.)

3 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

@egoless I'm talking about what are you going to do for your enjoyment? What are useful activities do you love to do on your free time? I'm talking about doing it now.

(I'm not talking about your university, getting a Master's, or going to a different country.)

It is personal development and spirituality :) 

I could do both of them whole my life without getting bored or lazy ever. Both are infinite...

Edited by egoless

27 minutes ago, egoless said:

It is personal development and spirituality :) 

Well then, go do it. :)

Go and start to make a website on it, write a book on it, record it, etc. -- however you want it. Start small and practical by writing about it -- or, however you want to do it.

Go and coach friends for free, and eventually start charging people who come to you. Get formal training and gain that skill.

I hope you see what I'm trying to say here.

36 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Well then, go do it. :)

Go and start to make a website on it, write a book on it, record it, etc. -- however you want it. Start small and practical by writing about it -- or, however you want to do it.

Go and coach friends for free, and eventually start charging people who come to you. Get formal training and gain that skill.

I hope you see what I'm trying to say here.

I see, I see and I agree... But... :) Lots to tell.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:28 AM, egoless said:

. Since in my country psychology and life coaching was not really a good career (there is no market for it)

@egoless uhhh helllo, HUGE opportunity. Create the market yourself homie