Thorny_arms

Eye In The Darkness

10 posts in this topic

I used to meditate daily during the course of about 2 years. Usually just breath focus or focus on the surrounding space. I got to a point where a session would last about an hour. 

One night I was having a great meditation session; my mind was very quiet and I felt exceptionally peaceful. Then I slowly became aware of an unblinking eye looking at me in the darkness. I didn't see it all at once, like when you turn off the lights and your eyes adjust to the dark room. Needless to say, when I finally saw it I was jolted out of meditation.

I was not asleep; I was upright in half lotus position. I was not taking drugs. I have not meditated since because it was so unnerving. Any ideas on this, or has anyone else experienced something similar???

@Nahm Is this something that you have experienced? I have wondered about this for years and have never asked anyone else about it. Any further insight would be appreciated.

@Nahm No problem, guess my mind went where it wanted to go, as in the higher power, "I Am That I Am" from one of those religions. I have wondered if it could have been that, or something darker, or just a hallucination as Ether suggested.

@nightrider1435 It was interesting to say the least. Frightening, but I want to learn more about it. I think I would like to have this experience again but I don't know if I could navigate back to whatever it was.

I had hoped to find someone that has seen the Eye, but I also wonder how common it is to have a vision of any kind during meditation. If you have seen anything that seemed supernatural or just out of the ordinary, please share.