Hafiz

Honesty And Authenticity As Path To Enlightenment

4 posts in this topic

I don't think I am myself at all and I don't know how to start.

You know how it goes in social relationships, you talk about jobs, career, dating, the news, entertainment, music, anything except Truth.

I hide the fact that I've read dozens of books and have seemingly spent thousands of hours contemplating this stuff.

I know that I am simply a perceptual functional apparatus no different fundamentally than an amoeba.

What if in all my social relationships I only talk about this fact and nothing else? What would happen? Do I HAVE to do this?

15 minutes ago, Hafiz said:

I don't think I am myself at all and I don't know how to start.

You know how it goes in social relationships, you talk about jobs, career, dating, the news, entertainment, music, anything except Truth.

I hide the fact that I've read dozens of books and have seemingly spent thousands of hours contemplating this stuff.

I know that I am simply a perceptual functional apparatus no different fundamentally than an amoeba.

What if in all my social relationships I only talk about this fact and nothing else? What would happen? Do I HAVE to do this?

Nope, you don't. I've been through that phase. But eventually there is not really much more to talk about with respect to Truth. You can perfectly talk about all those subjects from a sort of Truth standpoint though. Conversations can become much more fun and deep when you're really interested in your fellow human beings.

But if you have the urge to talk about it or communicate it to others. Then by all means do it. Follow your heart. The way I deal with this is by thinking about a career where i can talk about this 24/7. Then it would be a setting where people approach me with a purpose instead of me bombarding them constantly with Truth (as far as that's possible).

Only talking about self actualisation is not honesty. Honesty is giving your honest opinion when the opportunity presents itself. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Honesty is usually one of initial barrier breakers, once you realize your own truth and nature you realize its pointless not being honest as it only creates more illusion returning to self/your life. Honesty leads to Authenticity.

B R E A T H E