tyler7415

Ideal Diet For Personal And Spiritual Growth

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

For the last 4 months I have significantly adjusted my diet to much healthier foods. I drink Leo's famous blueberry smoothie every morning and then either my lunch or dinner will just be a salad with cucumber, bell peppers, carrots, kale/lettuce, celery, onion, and broccoli with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (basically Leo's soup in a salad form). And then my last meal is usually a type of meat protein with a carb like brown rice or whole wheat bread to go with the meat, and usually green beans or another type of vegetable. I've gotten to the point where I am fully committed to feeding the body what it needs to be at optimal efficiency. For those who really have their diet and their food research figured out, can you recommend any foods or drinks in particular that I should start eating that would improve my mind and body. Thank you.

Adaptogenic Herbs, Medicinal Mushrooms and Superfoods are excellent additions when trying to reach homeostasis within the body. Fasting often is also excellent for cleansing/purifying the body. it seems the more i fast the less i consume the more spiritual and connected i feel. There are many types of fasting, 24 hour fasts once a week, twice a week, or juice fasting 4-12 weeks, water fasting for 4-21 days and even dry fasting for 4-8 days for the most extremists but deeper cleansing takes place. I also try to consume more raw foods: Fruits ect.. i feel in a higher place spiritually/vibrationally when i consume mostly fruit but as always the best advice is to follow your own body and passion, trust and you shall find what you seek.

B R E A T H E

As @pluto  mentioned fasting is very ideal and also extremely healthy and a natural thing for our body. Remember, Homo Sapiens have been on this earth for quite some time and it has only very recently been introduced to the modern diet and way of life. Back in the day we sometimes had to go several days without food due to lack of resources and we developed with this happening on a regular basis for thousands of years. 
So fasting = good stuff. 

furthermore I suggest you get familiar with basic nutritional knowledge such as what Calories, macronutrient and micronutrients are and how they work, the latter part very important. The internet will provide! 
What works for me does not necessary work for you, a healthy and useful diet is a personalization project really. 
Figure out if you simply want to maintain your weight, gain muscle mass, lose fat or maybe none - maybe you just wish for a diet that supercharges your brain and wellbeing.
If so, figure out where your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) lies and try to calculate your activity level, by doing so you will reach a daily calorie expenditure which you can build out of.
When you construct your diet try staying within 200 calories give or take if the wish is for maintenance. Adjust up or down for other goals.
The diet should be mostly plant based with some meats, chicken, fish and red meats - stay away from anything processed. 
Raw veggies and superfoods rich in vitamins and minerals are gold. As well as differend fungi supplements for brain health.
You might even want to buy various fundamental supplements, like Vitamin D3, K and B-complexes.
Omega 3 Fatty acids, fatty fish and MCT oil as well as avocadoes and various nuts are great sources of fats.
MCT oil: Medium Chain Triglycerides, are saturated fats with a shorter carbon chain that result in a different processing in the body.
The MCTs get burned as carbohydrates and completely surpasses the liver contrary to other saturated fats, when they reach the brain they turn into Ketones which is another fuel-source for the brain besides carbohydrates.
If you find the Paleo Diet or Ketogenic Diet to be attractive I suggest using MCT-oils.

There is really a huge number of supplements, vitamins and minerals out there. 
The best advice I can give is really to do your own research and from that construct a personalized diet based on your bodytype and lifestyle.

Just use good judgment when deciding what to eat. I know Paul chek recommendations seem to be real reasonable. 

For me personaly I eat 80% fruit/veg 20% either salmon or chicken (meat twice a week maybe three times tops for dinner) 

This works well with calisthenics/little weights/and mobility routine. 

Running is not preferable for me anymore. I over did that years ago

I keep muscle on and keep lean and most importantly feel great

try and keep things simple 

As far as a spiritual growth diet... just give the body the nutrients it needs and keep away from what it doesn’t and you will be fine.