PretentiousHuman

Addicted To Be Tired Always.

4 posts in this topic

Why is it that I cannot relax? I feel that if I haven't finish the task planned for the day is Im worthless, feeling nothing. So I have to be workaholic everytime. Working my ass off until Im dead tired. Not getting my  hours of sleep per day.

"Wake up."

-- God

Great to hear you recognized that. Our mind likes extremes. It likes to call the day a success or a failure. You can try to find an alternative between that.

There's nothing wrong with being worthless. Being useless or useful is just a perspective to things. You can try to develop love for yourself so that you can do stuff with a bit more passion. Worrying too much won't get you doing stuff anyway and it might weaken your motivation for things.

there is something you could try: At the end of the day, set aside 2 minutes and into a small journal put 3 things that you liked about that day, that you did well or were proud of. By the end of month you'll have 90 things to be positive about and by the end of year nearly 1100. 

It's a small psychological trick but it could help to elevate your spirit and keep you more optimistic realising that you are already achieving enough. This way also you will go to bed appreciating what you've done instead of pondering on what you haven't. Name this journal something like: "My journal of positive thinking" or something of that nature. 

Note that these don't have to be big achievements, they could also be a bit shallow:

• I like the dinner I coked
  • I liked how I handled that customer call today
  • I liked how I managed to resist having the cake after dinner
  • I like how my wife hugged me in the morning
  • I am happy I allowed the elder lady to sit on the bus today.
  • Anything else that felt right :)

There is nothing more important than self love and self acceptance. This is where your happiness starts and this is what is needed before you can successfully interact with other people and your surroundings. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 22-10-2017 at 7:11 PM, PretentiousHuman said:

I feel that if I haven't finish the task planned for the day is Im worthless

Then simply only plan in a day what's possible for you. I do this (weekly) and I feel awesome every time, because mostly I can do a little more.

And also do what @Michael569 said. I do that and works wonders for me.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.