Sid Morris

How Will Biological Immortality Mean To Self Actualization

6 posts in this topic

Personally, I think biological immorality could be beneficial to those who wants to gain deep understanding of life. People will have much more time to contemplate life ( until they die of accidents). 

Edited by Sid Morris
Grammar

This life is just a dream, soon we will die and wake up to the absolute real. The universe will perish one day, so biological immortality is impossible (or rather living for eternity, I would say it's impossible either way). But theoretically speaking, you are right.

Edited by Highest

Reality is an illusion of just a very high number of pieces. There is no reason we can’t live forever. It will happen soon. Manipulating the pieces is really the human specialty. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Sir, "Manipulating the pieces is really the human specialty." - that's one of the most beautiful things I've heard in the last months! Thank you!

I've watched yesterday Kurzgesagt and CGP Grey's (names of YouTube channels) videos on this topic and thought about it myself too.

The thought that is particularily interesting for me now is that for YOU (consciousness), it doesn't matter whether your body dies or it doesn't. Your consciousness dies every second. In some sense, it doesn't even exist, because time goes on and on (the word "illusion" pops up in my head when I think about these things).

The issue is totally different when it comes to our egos. I feel like it's our ego that fears death, as it wants to preserve itself and death threatens it's survival.

Edited by Serge