john5170

What Happens To My 'spirit' When I Sleep?

8 posts in this topic

I have been meditating today, and I was able to detach my consciousness or 'spirit' from my mind. I could feel them as separate entities. The term 'you are not your mind, you are not your body' made a lot more sense.

But that got me thinking, why when my body sleeps, my 'spirit' sleeps too?

This means, that my spirit IS actually my mind, and I AM my body. Otherwise, my body sleeping would not have affected my 'spirit' being inactive as well. This means that after death, my spirit will die too. So therefore, I AM my body, and my 'spirit' IS my mind.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by john5170

No, "spirit" is that in and as which consciousness and it's states "waking", "dreaming", "dreamless sleep" appear and disappear.

@john5170 sounds like a great breakthrough. It could be that the spirit is in your mind, and you are not the body or the spirit or the mind. 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, john5170 said:

I have been meditating today, and I was able to detach my consciousness or 'spirit' from my mind. I could feel them as separate entities. The term 'you are not your mind, you are not your body' made a lot more sense.

But that got me thinking, why when my body sleeps, my 'spirit' sleeps too?

This means, that my spirit IS actually my mind, and I AM my body. Otherwise, my body sleeping would not have affected my 'spirit' being inactive as well. This means that after death, my spirit will die too. So therefore, I AM my body, and my 'spirit' IS my mind.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Reminded me of an old thread, perhaps Don't look to identify with a thing, but observe from the placeless place. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Show me your "spirit" and I'll tell you.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

I guess I haven't come to those realizations, because as of now, "I" am in my brain. I can FEEL my brain being an entity, but the "I" is a product of the brain.

3 minutes ago, john5170 said:

I guess I haven't come to those realizations, because as of now, "I" am in my brain. I can FEEL my brain being an entity, but the "I" is a product of the brain.

The "I" that wants to come to a realization IS the problem.