Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luigi1994

Favorite Book ?

13 posts in this topic

sorry for my english, but i'm italian... I'm interested in your favorite book and why, does it have make a change in your life, why i should read it?

1- My favorite book is- The city of joy- LAPIERRE

2- Does it have make a change in your life- Yes, actually since i study education for special kids, one of my dream is to build a school in latin america to reduce differences between social classes, ant this book just gave me like a lot of energy and ispiration.

3-why i should read it?- Because my point of view in life is, you have to take risk to live in the TRUTH, and authenticity. Help yourself by helping the world, Be passionate on life.

"Man's Search for Meaning"

If i tell you why & how then i just ruined the entire experience for you, you will know why once you read it.

Enjoy !

Wow!  Same as above, mans search for meaning by victor e frankl.  I used it as a tool to get through tough times in the past.  I love the whole paragraph, but specifically the part where he writes

...."I understood how a man who has nothing left in this world, still may know bliss, be it only for a brief moment, in the contemplation if his beloved. In a position of utter desolation, when man cannot express himself in positive action, when his only achievement may consist in enduring his sufferings in the right way- and honorable way- in such a position a man can, through loving contemplation of the image he carries of his beloved, achieve fulfillment......."

Robert S. de Ropp's:

1.The Master Game
2.Selfcompletion

Everyone working on awakening and self-actualization must read these books again and again and again...

American Psycho by Brett Easton Ellis

This reminds me; I still have to return some video tapes

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I have a big problem with beeing a people pleaser. It's really stoping me from beeing the man I want to be.

Do you guys have any book recommendations for this subject?

Appreciate it!

One of my favorites:

"The empty mirror" by Jan WIllem van de Wetering

An autobiographic story about his ~1 year stay in a japanese Zen monastery, many anecdotes about enlightenment written in a humorous way. Got me interested in meditation.

@Emilio "No more Mr. Nice Guy" by Robert Glover

Edited by Locooig

Modern man in search of a soul by C.G Jung

Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill

The power of now by Eckhart Tolle

Bioenergetics by Wilhelm Reich 

Fear of life by Alexander lowen 

Civilization and its discontents by Sigmund Freud

As for your subsequent questions,

Well, you have including objective ones while omitting subjective ones which are way more important... 

Why do you like reading?

For instance, I, as you probably deduced from the list, like psychology. And non-fiction in general; I like Learning, you on the other hand (based on your sparse answer) like fiction and read for inspiration etc. 

Hey folks,

I recently finished the Power of Now and A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. I was fascinated by both. They gave me a really good understanding of and conceptual framework for my meditation work.

Specifically, the Pain Body and how it repeats itself over and over in consciousness. And the traits to be wary of with regards to the ego. How we might rid ourselves of these burdens.

I really want to pursue this further now, could anyone recommend some books?

Anything to do with the following:

A history of the ego, when it started in humans, why, how, etc..

Consciousness itself, how human beings relate to it..

Thanks in advance,

John

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

"The War of Art" AND "The Professional" both by Steven Pressfield.

I'm very much into the concept of turning Pro from an amateur, read one of those two every single month to verify what flaws I make and what I need to actualize - in some wierd way I consider these books a bible for me, very applicable and universal concept.

I hate reading. I love to elevate my comprehension, analyze every possible application for a single scheme - I do that through reading, it takes me considerably much more time to get through a book, because I pause every time I stumble upon an idea from the book and try to find correlation between what I know from other concepts, books, personal experiences and thoughts - Trying to reinvent my perception and comprehension of mechanisms / rules that exist in the world, human psychology, etc.
In other way, I'm just an overthinker lol

@Emilio

The Disease To Please: Curing the People-Pleasing Syndrome by Harriet B. Braiker, PhD - AMAZING book

No More Mr. Nice Guy by Dr Robert A. Glover - Very good aswell

Edited by Thomas

6 hours ago, scratchdisk said:

The Alchemist

I need to read that one, my sister have talked about it and it seam really good.

My favorite book in general is Harry Potter (part 7) but as for truth and awakening it most be the Gospel of Philip, if you're able to read some symbolism, read it! even if you're new to symbolism and is just trying to get in to it.