egoless

Digital Marketing For Introverts

7 posts in this topic

I am coming from the finance career. I have bachelor's degree in Business administration and now doing my MBA degree in business. I am sick of finance career. I was very good at doing analytical part of it but I got bored with how dry and repetitious it was. No room for creativity there and I consider myself to be a creative and analytical person at the same time. I am very logically minded and love freedom and flexibility. I am a heavy introvert though and don't know weather digital marketing is a good fit for introverted people. Can someone who is in this career give me some recommendations? I would greatly appreciate your advise guys as I am kinda lost right now and don't know where to start. It is very hard to make career shifts but I am willing to follow my passion. When I am thinking to continue finance career I get frustrated but when I think about digital marketing I get very excited. 

11 hours ago, egoless said:

Can someone who is in this career give me some recommendations? I would greatly appreciate your advise guys as I am kinda lost right now and don't know where to start.

hi. i think you have lost contact with your higher self or your authentic self if you continually feel that. have you taken the LP course? it answers almost all deep questions about career.

a key question would be: "Would you still be doing your One Thing even if it does not give you money? even if has costs of doing it or even if they will not understand you? also would you still be doing it even if you know you will just not be paid?"

You do your One Thing because you just looooooove it! you love it like you found your soulmate and you are on this long journey with him/her. the tingling feeling and bright light inside the heart is so apparent, like you're a kid.

that One thing is not because it will get you something or it will be a bridge to get into this thing but because for the sake of it. you name it. take the course with all your heart.

6 hours ago, mathieu said:

hi. i think you have lost contact with your higher self or your authentic self if you continually feel that. have you taken the LP course? it answers almost all deep questions about career.

a key question would be: "Would you still be doing your One Thing even if it does not give you money? even if has costs of doing it or even if they will not understand you? also would you still be doing it even if you know you will just not be paid?"

You do your One Thing because you just looooooove it! you love it like you found your soulmate and you are on this long journey with him/her. the tingling feeling and bright light inside the heart is so apparent, like you're a kid.

that One thing is not because it will get you something or it will be a bridge to get into this thing but because for the sake of it. you name it. take the course with all your heart.

I would do Enlightenment work without any salary but it won't keep me alive. Got to be realistic here. So I need a job or career to sustain myself in the meantime.

49 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I did an internship in digital marketing at a startup last year.

It's very analytical and data-based (especially the paid channels such as Adwords, Facebook, Bing etc.). You don't have to be extroverted.

You have to find out which ads and campaigns are performing well, which don't, which need more budget, which are dying out, which should've less budget etc.

But you also have to be creative to come up with new ideas for ads and things you maybe want to split-test.

If you're not that creative but highly analytical you can also go into attribution modelling. You may have some customers who see your ad on facebook but then buy the product directly from your website two weeks later. So how do you attribute such sales to the channel facebook? This is what attribution modelling basically is about. It is very important to allocate marketing budget appropriately and to see where problems and potential are.

Personally, I decided not to continue a career in digital marketing because I like to have an impact on the product. But  this can be different for you.
I recommend you to do an internship as well to see if it's for you:)

Digital marketing professionals are in demand and few people are skilled. With this career path you won't go unemployed soon.

That sounds really interesting to me. I like analytical and creative mix of it. I consider myself very creative but in a right environment and if I don't have to present it to huge auditory. I am good at writing creative ideas. I am also very good at analytical work. My employers were very pleased with my job as financial analyst. I also like the freelancing opportunities it could provide in the future. In my ideal world I would love to be a freelancer travelling around to a cheap countries with great nature while doing Enlightenment work in the process. When I am 40 I will settle somewhere and start up my online business. That's why I think digital marketing is also great skill to have for your own business. 

P.S. did you find your passion in the business career? What do you like the most?

Edited by egoless

25 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@egoless maybe digital marketing and search engine optimization for finance companies. It’s not really a customer facing job and it takes creativity. 

The problem is I am not sure wether I will like the job in practice. On paper it sound very interesting to me. 

heyyy I'm in very similar situation excpet I consider myself more extroverted also I don't have any marketing related education.

Based on my research I like that digital marketing job combine creative and analytical work also I'm good with technology and new trends and I really like possibilty of traveling and working remotely on the other hand I'm pretty sure it's not really my life purpose work but as you noticed the skill of online marketing can be useful later on when creating your own buissnes. 
So my advice would be to go into internship to see if it fits you, treat it like regular 9-5 job with possibility of growing into something more and in the meantime do some self-development work to figure stuff out ( e. g. Life purpose course ).