EndofMe

Always Let Your Conscious Be Your Guide...

11 posts in this topic

... but is it the ego? Does it live on after ego death?

What exactly is your "conscious"?  And is it misinformation that it should be your guide? Of course the idea is that it is the little angel on your shoulder, as opposed to that tiny devil (also ego?) What are ya'lls thoughts on it? Can it be defined?

Jiminy-Cricket-wallpaper.png

Well, I came to update my question. I guess another way of asking it would be - who are we listening to? The good and the bad? When we make a decision to do good for someone, what drove that desire, which can sometimes go against all egoic desires? Or is it just more ego?

@Nahm you say love. Is love separate than any other egoic desires?  Can you be sure?

Would a better way be to stop listening to anything or anyone, even ourselves? What would happen then? If everyone took that vow, would society crumble? Do we NEED a force of good (or love)? Does it propel us forward? Did we create it?

(Note the point of the thread is only to open discussion, although it is something I sometimes ponder. Perhaps your answers will help me to dispel any illusions I have about certain things. I realize my post is 90% questions,:P I'm just glad to have found a great site to bounce ideas off of others)

@Nahm Well I found some nice stuff on how it is an allegory for ego death. How it represents light and dark...what comes up must come down (the sun also does a good job representing this)... what is created must be destroyed...

I get that there is this on-going cycle. Within our minds, within our (illusionary) lives, within the earth, the universe, the matrix of consciousness. Up and down and round and round. A never ending song, that we are all singing together.  Evolution. Destruction. More evolution.

but anyway, I still can't decide if love (pure love) is born of egoic desire, or something separate. It either existed before human ego, or not. Perhaps it is the essence of the God ego, and behind that, there is nothing. (In other words, we shred our human ego and dissolve into the God ego, before we finally dissolve into nothingness.)

If I'm way off base, someone correct meO.o

**Edit I see now I am using the wrong word in title, haha. I mean conscience. :$

Edited by EndofMe

I see so many spiritual promises that love and joy are beneath the ego. My glimpses beyond the ego have been just "IS". Not good or bad. Not love or hate etc. Yet, I suppose love and joy attracts more people than "spend thousands of hours meditating and struggle through terror to realize everything just IS". I know I wouldn't have bought those books or attended those retreats. My ego likes mind candy.

Edited by Serotoninluv

@EndofMe think of all those examples as one big clock, and your body & brain & thoughts are part of that clock. 

Now look at this random painting. See the beauty. Can you feel the love? There is no purpose, no biological advantage, nothing evolutionary gained. It’s just beauty expressed by a painter in the clock, of the clock. Now go to the nuances, and make the distinction that the painting is just a painting. The love, is wholly taking place within you. 

9CF900F1-7B03-4670-AC7B-D439C4576425.jpeg

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I love that painting - what is the name?

And where is the clock? Am I missing something?

@Serotoninluv  I think the earth, moon and sun represent a clock, not to mention the biological clock inside the subject. And yeah, my ego loves mind candy too... :x *nom nom* I am far away from being "is", but I'm enjoying the ride. 

@Nahm I think I see what you are saying.  The painting is expressing beauty and love, but channeled through me, the observer. I don't even need to try and interpret it. It is what it is. A bunch of colors strategically placed by the painter.

@Serotoninluv @Serotoninluv  the cycles mentioned below. our lives, the sun & earth, etc. A way to think of all of the relativity is that it is all one big clock. Countless yet finite causations / gears that have an appearance of the contrary, that there are seperate things.  the clock experiences all of the parts and the whole. It experiences the illusion in countless ways including that it is other than what it actually is. The magnitude is such that it is you right f’n Now. It is far more intimate and present than it appears in the illusion. Even using word’s like “it” retard the realization. 

On 10/16/2017 at 5:08 AM, EndofMe said:

@Nahm Well I found some nice stuff on how it is an allegory for ego death. How it represents light and dark...what comes up must come down (the sun also does a good job representing this)... what is created must be destroyed...

I get that there is this on-going cycle. Within our minds, within our (illusionary) lives, within the earth, the universe, the matrix of consciousness. Up and down and round and round. A never ending song, that we are all singing together.  Evolution. Destruction. More evolution.

but anyway, I still can't decide if love (pure love) is born of egoic desire, or something separate. It either existed before human ego, or not. Perhaps it is the essence of the God ego, and behind that, there is nothing. (In other words, we shred our human ego and dissolve into the God ego, before we finally dissolve into nothingness.)

If I'm way off base, someone correct meO.o

**Edit I see now I am using the wrong word in title, haha. I mean conscience. :$

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE