Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

Need Advice In Career Choice

6 posts in this topic

My story short. I am BBA (Business Administration) graduate (major finance) with working experience in Finance field.  When I was working as financial analyst I was good at my job but did not really enjoyed it. I discovered that routine job is not suited for me and I hate corporate, bureaucratic working environment. Now I am doing Mba degree but still not sure if business field is suited for me. I've made too much time and money investment in my current career so it feels like I am stuck in it. I am huge introvert and prefer analytical, strategical and creative careers which does not require much social interactions. I am generalist type of person and like exploring new stuff. I hate linear jobs. Please suggest me careers where I could try myself and hopefully thrive. I am not kind of person who will be happy just working for a living. I need a job which will be a passion for me.

Just pick anything you find interesting and you feel like you are making an impact but it also important that it isn't something where you work with people you don't like and after you have chosen something then try to become extremely good at it

a few suggestions: fiction author, non fiction author, animator, painter, coding, scientist, math

i recommend reading so good they can't ignore you by cal newport

Edited by BjarkeT

@egoless this is something that you will need to figure out for yourself. I suggest you take Leo's course if you haven't already. It is well worth the investment,. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 10/8/2017 at 1:22 AM, egoless said:

Please suggest me careers where I could try myself and hopefully thrive. I am not kind of person who will be happy just working for a living. I need a job which will be a passion for me.

@egolessYou expect for us to say you what a job will be passionate for you? If this is not the case you want to brainstorm, this seems to me that you want the quick fix and not to take responsibility of your thoughts and actions.

With your state of mind, i would suggest you be more patient. Try to find yourself, do something temporary and not to choose your main career right now. Give a little space to yourself.

Our higher self does not shine, when we are anxious or frustrated.