Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randombodymind

Meditation Question

7 posts in this topic

Most teachings treat the two the same.
David Deida in his talks actually points out there are two different ways people open.
Some open as an unchanging witness as they grow.
Others get more radiant and full of life.

becoming more radiant tends to be the feminine way of opening. 
Meditation makes one more still and less radiant.

Can meditation be a block in feminine people growing spiritually.
Are there better ways for them to open?

I haven't seen that to be a problem is practice.

I've seen many women meditate like champs.

There ultimate reason it's not a problem is because the True Self -- the thing you actually are, not that body/mind -- has no gender! You are not really a man or a woman. You are an infinite field of empty awareness. And this field does not have a gender. It's equally accessible to men and women because that's what men and women ARE at their root.

How the enlightenment gets expressed will be colored by gender, but that's not a problem either. Whatever gender you genuinely are, you will express it without having to try.

I've met plenty of enlightened women.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think there is no difference.We are all humans and we have all souls. Also our souls need spirituality so the way people open is similar from one to another.

David Deidas book has been recommended a lot so it's on my amazon list, but I just realized he has a lot of content on youtube so thanks for helping me discover that. I love discussion on the masculine/feminine. 

Define radiance? 

The body is the vehicle - the car and you have to treat it like it was designed.

Leo made a fantastic video on the main differences between males and females, I think you'll find it on his channel if you simply type "male and female" or "masculine and feminine", something like that.

As for meditation I truly can't see it as a con in any situation or circumstance.

yeah anyway can grow there consciousness. Your right, I don't mean to place restrictions

Edited by randombodymind

On 7/2/2016 at 9:14 PM, randombodymind said:

Meditation makes one more still and less radiant.

This is not true. Meditation disciplines your mind and gives you insight about yourself. People say I'm more radiant since I started meditating.