Hero in progress

Don't Try And One Up On Each Other Or Point Out Peoples Ego, Have Compassion.

21 posts in this topic

@Arman 

I appreciate your reaction.  We need to be careful about moralizing.  You gotta be able to let go and trust that you will do the right thing in the moment without clinging to any rules.  I still take Hero in progress' recommendation in good faith as valid, but I appreciate the trap of moralizing too.  I will take some liberties to scribble about why here.  All in good fun!  I enjoy a little scribbling from time to time, so bear with me.

Just because we're enlightened beings doesn't mean that we deny reality and cling to some moral rules -- which is just mind too!  Sometimes you gotta punch someone!  I can conceive of contexts where this would flow as a matter of course.  If you're standing at a bus stop and a wild rabid dog attacks you, you're not just gonna stand there and say -- dig in boy!  That would be suicidal.  You're gonna grab a rock, a stick, whatever, with the specific intent to injure the animal bodily if necessary, maybe with the intent to severely injure said animal. 

We don't need to be pacifists just because we're enlightened.  Sometimes an ass-kicking is exactly what reality orders in the moment.  It depends on the context!  And we certainly need to take caution clinging to any moral rules, since all beliefs are false -- as tempting as it is to pretend that we are Jesus -- we are not.  Even Jesus would throw-down if he had to, if his bodily security were seriously at risk.  That's reasonable, right?  Kick him in the balls, stick a knife to his throat, and take his wallet and see if Jesus really turns the other cheek!  Yee-ah right!  I don't think so, haha.  He's gonna grab that knife and end you with it -- whaddja think he's stupid!  I always tell people, "I might be crazy, but I ain't stupid." 

So . . . We can't be pipe-dreamers.  That not reality either.  That's model-building, rule-making.  Maps masquerading as the territory.  We need to fully trust our authentic Being without clinging to any "goody-goody" moral rules.  Meaning, purpose, and values are relative, and beliefs are false.  Rules are wrong basically! -- an augmentation of reality.  Projecting "What would Jesus do?" everywhere, although full of good intentions, does not make that a reality one bit.  It's a sneaky augmentation of reality actually -- a sneaky rule that we've created to try to control reality and not accept reality as it actually is.  Jesus is a concept, a thought, a mental projection, a pipe-dream.

Leo actually says that the high consciousness person can get tough when he needs to:  Watch:

In this video Leo talks about the error of clinging to should statements:  Watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor