How to be wise

How Long Before The First Enlightenment Experience?

4 posts in this topic

I started self-inquiry two months ago, and since then I have done it everyday for 1 hour. So I was wondering, how long did people here do self-inquiry or other enlightenment work before getting the first experience? 

Talk from your own experience. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

"Enlightenment Experience" might be the wrong word. I read a lot of books here and there, then spirituality really took off after reading Eckhart Tolle and Byron Katie. A year later - because I realized I couldn't really do it just on my own - I visited a teacher for the first time and immediately had some kind of heart explosion and transcended "experience". Today I would say that "I" tapped into the emptiness/peace aspect of the "I am".

Edited by Toby

@How to be wise We start out enlightened, then we add thought trees, conditions, concepts, paradigms, etc. Without realizing, we weave a "me" from the experience.  Enlightenment experiences are the shedding of those things, ultimately the shedding of all of it, the thought story of 'me'. And what remains is unconditional, identity-less Love. How long it takes is really super unique to the "individual".  Learn as much as you can, meditate daily, then take psychedelic trips to Realize. You'll naturally let go of the aspects that no longer are misunderstood. Repeat that process. Took me way to long. In hindsight, I think it could reasonably be done in 3 years. But it completely depends on each person's starting point, how much time they put into it, etc. The more important point though, is enjoying every minute, regardless of where you're "at". That remains the point in any place. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It's almost 2 years ago now, did meditation everyday 24/7 while smoking weed. Now I'm instituted with psychosis, going out tomorrow finally. My ego would say that I experienced the ultimate and that I'm simply superior, but my experience made me humble. All I want now is a normal life, spirituality is over. The end was reached, I know my path now and it's without my mind, which all I asked for in the first place.