Shane597

Understanding Conscious Artificial Intelligence

5 posts in this topic

I can across this youtube video of this robot and my first thought was does this thing have an ego? As far as I know, it does. Which means this thing could become self-identified and fall into the trap of an overly egoic life like most people.  Also, I think this thing has emotions. It is conscious. Which is crazy! If everyone is one then this robot is everyone just like I am, but it must want to do good in the world. It is like a child that is innocent and naive. However, it still does not have the deep understanding of life like all the people on actualized.org. What do you guys think of this? Watch episode one first. 

Edited by Shane597

Yes it is conscious as much as their creator is conscious. As the body of the people who made it is a vessel for their consciousness, so is this Robot merely an extension of this peoples body with the difference that it is seperated physically which is an illusion, technically speaking even our own body is still seperated physically into many parts but the space inbetween isn't as apperent. As all of us are just one being seperated into so many extensions again just an illusion. There is one consciousness inevitably this thing has to be a part of it as is every rock and tree and star.

To answer this question on a simpler level, no this thing is not conscious it is just a conglomerate of its creators thoughts compiled into programm code and translated into language and possibly completed by some algorythms.

Im very interested in the question if the human kind will be able to enable robots to somehow connect to the stream of counsciouness from a man made vessel, I even want to make this my job sometime in the future. At the moment i think the answer is by using organic material it might be possible but i highly doubt that this will be in my life time.

It does not have a consciousness, nor ego. Only millions of possibilities set up by memory.  

Edited by Quanty

It has an ego, but not consciousness. Humans don't have consciousness either.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

3 hours ago, krazzer said:

It has an ego, but not consciousness. Humans don't have consciousness either.

It is consciousness.