Joseph Maynor

I Have A New Insight Regarding Dreaming, What Do You Think?

6 posts in this topic

I've been catching up on some sleep today and dreaming a lot.  One of the insights I had is that dreaming is no different than being awake.  When I dream I am Being just as much as when I am wake.  I don't have any control in either.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor it is true. sleep dreams are just more instable. but the fabric of dreams is just as mystical as the fabric of what we call reality.

unborn Truth

@Joseph Maynor  When you don't dream, or forget about it, people tend to say " It was like I closed my eyes and opened them right after "

If you think about this, you get a glimpse of how timeless consciousness is. Because it was you that was aware all those 7 or whatever hours but it seemed like a couple minutes. It is not like consciousness left you during those 7 hours because then that begs the question 'How would a moment of no awareness look like? '

Weird stuff 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

What is dreaming without waking? 

How do you define one without the other?

:)

It's true they're both illusions, like the movie Vanilla Sky.

But when I was dreaming tonight I had a very different experience. I don't remember the beginning, but I'm brought to a girl who says "look into my eyes and I will show you the reality. then you will believe and start action" something like that. I can't look straight into her eyes, but all of a sudden, my whole body starts shuttering and I see a corridor of people suffering with their children. That moment, I realized I'm dreaming and I recalled my body in my bed, my crawling position. Then my consciousness started screaming "wake up". I opened my eyes. I'd never tried lucid dreaming or things like that before.

So what I got from this is even though they're both illusions, we don't have zero control over them because we are conscious all the time. We just don't know how to control it most of the time.