Richard Alpert

Is This Kundalini Moving? Need Advice/help

21 posts in this topic

Hi, it´s 4:13 am, i havent slept a minute this night i think.

This is 100% legit and no jokes here.

I feel energy ciculating in my upper body spine/neck/head and it has shot from my spine/neck to head multiple times and i felt like im about to explode.

I felt very blissfull going to sleep. Did 1,5 yoga+meditation before that. I was very much focused on my breathing when i went to sleep and the "outside" world noises felt more intense than usually.

i dranked decent amount of alcohol 48-64 hours, but i have been completely fine this day, riding a bike and doing 2 yoga session and meditations. I thought if this is some detox symptom first, but no alcohol should be in my blood. And i am very awake and alert, no possibility to sleep. If i go lie in my back, which i probably will soon, im sure the energy will start to shoot towards my head at some point. I got scared as hell in the first that im about to die. Almost called my parents who live close by.

Now i feel better. I have heard and read kundalini quite a lot recently, but it´s not like a was planning to "do" this. But i think these symptoms fits there. Sorry i cant give u a better explanation, all i can say this is pretty intense. I should go to work in 3 hours and there is no way im going there if i dont get any sleep.

@Richard Alpert I am only coming from my perspective and my experience so I cannot diagnose AT ALL and I cannot be sure of what you are going through AT ALL.  Please remember that and if you think you should get medical help, get medical help.  It doesn't hurt. They can't detect Kundalini.

With that being said, here is my initial experience.    When mine started in December (which I didn't know was Kundalini, I thought it was only chakras opening) I felt energy going from my neck going up top of my head mostly when I relaxed.  I feel it quite a bit now but when I relax I feel it more especially if I am running around all day. Lying down or while I was driving I would feel the most symptoms.  I wasn't planning to do Kundalini.  Don't panic if you think its Kundalini because Kundalini, I personally think is good thing and there is help out there and you have this forum.     

2 hours ago, ThirdEyeSees said:

@Richard Alpert I am only coming from my perspective and my experience so I cannot diagnose AT ALL and I cannot be sure of what you are going through AT ALL.  Please remember that and if you think you should get medical help, get medical help.  It doesn't hurt. They can't detect Kundalini.

With that being said, here is my initial experience.    When mine started in December (which I didn't know was Kundalini, I thought it was only chakras opening) I felt energy going from my neck going up top of my head mostly when I relaxed.  I feel it quite a bit now but when I relax I feel it more especially if I am running around all day. Lying down or while I was driving I would feel the most symptoms.  I wasn't planning to do Kundalini.  Don't panic if you think its Kundalini because Kundalini, I personally think is good thing and there is help out there and you have this forum.     

Thanks, that sounds almost identical what i felf. That´s why i stayed up some of the night because it got intense when i lied down and rest.

It´s 8 am now, i dont think i slept last night at all. I could be wrong, im not 100%, but it was as if i rest and was awake at the same time. Hard to explain. The most intense went away at about 5pm. Now im here without sleeping and feeling quite awake. Usually i am very good sleeper :)

Yea, i dont panic anymore and i very first considered this to be kundalini, that what prevented me to going total panic. I have actually read about kundalini quite a bit in the last few months so i connected the symptoms to it. I still can´t be 100% sure. We will see how this goes, was it just one night thing or continuing.

So, your started in December. Do you feel the energy moving daily still?

If you have kundalini congrats! Its basically a guaranteed path to love and bliss. You just need to survive the dark night.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Yes it is. Now prepare for ego wraping that experience so strongly that you cannot imagine. And this energy on concept level seems to be gas system including nitric oxide as master gas. 

Edited by bigzbigi

okay. lets see how it goes. i feel quite fine at the moment. was able to sleep 1-2 hours in the morning

@Richard Alpert I feel it daily and nightly. It's so incredible. I had one night where it felt like my heart chakra was open all night and it was interpreted in my dreams. I can see clear rain outside on a sunny day cause it helped my third eye open. At night is when I feel it the most but I still feel it throughout the day mostly in my head and going down my spine. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

1 hour ago, ThirdEyeSees said:

@Richard Alpert I feel it daily and nightly. It's so incredible. I had one night where it felt like my heart chakra was open all night and it was interpreted in my dreams. I can see clear rain outside on a sunny day cause it helped my third eye open. At night is when I feel it the most but I still feel it throughout the day mostly in my head and going down my spine. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

ok, thanks for replying. I have been feeling quite peacefull mostly this day, very calm, but nothing crazy energy moving. Only in my head and brain i feel like something is little switched off compared to normal. But we see how it goes.

I watched this again today. I have been doing Jans meditations in the last few months. Can kundalini arousal (energy movement) be something that only happens at once or is it usually an ongoing process once it´s arausd? Jan mentions most arousals are just energy trips and end at some point.

@Richard Alpert if you feel it daily throughout the day your kundalini is awakened. If it was just a one-time(usually matter of minutes) thing, it doesn't have much meaning.

@Richard Alpert and I am not sure. I watched a bit of that video. I will let you know if this passes. I  am going to talk to someone about it so I will update you. 

do you yoga at home? With youtube? If it is so, can you recommend me a good kundalini-yoga on youtube? I just train every day with random youtube videos on kundalini yoga and could  not find a good one where I feel this energy all yogis talk about

@ThirdEyeSees Honest question, since you have the experience i would like to learn more from you?
What is the benefit of the kundalini? Does it improve your quality of life? Is it just an enjoyable feeling, or does impact other facets of your life. Does it change the way you act, does it impact your personality in any way. Does it change how you see others. 
Regarding the third eye visions, do they have benefit, does it help you, or is it just "fun to see rain during sunshine"?

How does it relate to enlightenment, is it a prerequesite for it, a result of it, or not much related to it.

I don't want to come across as a skeptic here, i really want your insights/answers on some of these questions that pop up with me. :) 

8 minutes ago, OBEler said:

do you yoga at home? With youtube? If it is so, can you recommend me a good kundalini-yoga on youtube? I just train every day with random youtube videos on kundalini yoga and could  not find a good one where I feel this energy all yogis talk about

I yoga with yogaia.com but i do mostly hatha, yin, vinyasa yoga. i dont think there is much kundalini yoga classes.

The 5 rites is simple and easy exercise you can do in the morning. Rali and chrism have at least recommended this exercise. 

@OBEler It's pointless to try to force kundalini awakening. It will happen when you're ready. 
Also, if you think you desire kundalini, you probably have no idea what you're getting yourself into. 

@Martin123 I want this kundalini experience, I am ready. What is so dangerous about this? If it doesnt kill me then I will go for it!

One year ago after 20 minutes of my first session with strong determination sitting a strange energy came to me I never felt in my life. It startet in waves somewhere in my back, I could raise it a bit, play with it, make it stronger. Suddenly I saw in slow motion the wall I was starring at the whole time. After this I was so shocked and then the energy exploded over my body and it was an amasing feeling. 

The next days this strange energy came in waves many times during the day, without reason. It was so strong I had tears in my eyes. I still feel it sometimes tingeling in my head without reason or when I see something beautiful

I think this was one kind of kundalini experience.  

Edited by OBEler

10 hours ago, zazed said:

@ThirdEyeSees Honest question, since you have the experience i would like to learn more from you?
What is the benefit of the kundalini? Does it improve your quality of life? Is it just an enjoyable feeling, or does impact other facets of your life. Does it change the way you act, does it impact your personality in any way. Does it change how you see others. 
Regarding the third eye visions, do they have benefit, does it help you, or is it just "fun to see rain during sunshine"?

How does it relate to enlightenment, is it a prerequesite for it, a result of it, or not much related to it.

I don't want to come across as a skeptic here, i really want your insights/answers on some of these questions that pop up with me. :) 

@zazed   Kundalini does lead to spiritual enlightenment.   Also, from what I read, it isn't Kundalini itself that makes a person feel unpleasant.  It is our unconscious thoughts and ideas that we have been carrying in us.  Kundalini forces you to work through these issues and I can imagine it is scary for anyone who doesn't know what Kundalini is and it happening to them.  Also it seems some people have an initial Kundalini awakening or self realization and then followed by Kundalini syndrome.  In my case, I have had no self realization but am working with Kundalini syndrome which I didn't fully admit to myself that was happening for a while because it just seems so surreal.  Also, I had the why would it happen to me thought.  As we all assume or know, there is no me.  

Here  are some examples from Tara Springett's book Enlightenment through the Path of Kundalini regarding your quality of life question.  

Benefits of Kundalini include bliss, ecstacy and rapture, easiest way to imagine bliss is to think of ecstatic sensation of an orgasm.  Bliss in head feels like heavenly pleasure. Bliss in throat feels more joyful, Bliss in heart like deep love, Bliss in solar plexus fills us with a sensation of deepest peace, Bliss at the naval feels like the overflowing joy you would feel if your dreams were suddenly fulfilled.

Creativity forces are strongly stimulated. Kundalini can be used for spiritual healing and enhanced resistance to disease.  These are gifts that usually need to be developed.  She says it makes you more beautiful and sexually attractive.  You will have more energy and a more youthful appearance.  Deeper insight and intuition and intelligence.  Liberation from ego. Freedom from our personal past.  Freedom from the need to protect our ego. Freedom to be whatever and whoever you want to be.  Power and supernatural power.  Transformation of ordinary reality into paradise.  Enlightenment.  

My personal story:

It is impacting everything right now.  This past year was and is really hard for my husband and me.  That part doesn't feel great at the moment but I get confused if I am judging or blaming or basically if its just all my ego.  I do feel love and bliss in my head.  It literally does feel like an orgasm in my head.  And I feel it is my heart and throat and now I am trying to open my solar plexis chakra.  It is just recently changing the way I act in a more positive direction.  I feel like I just want to go up to everyone who I shut out and say I am so sorry, do you need help with anything?   I am becoming more conscious of how I listen to people, how much my life can affect someone else.  I always thought I felt compassion for other people, but this compassion that is still developing for others is a little different.  Kundalini forces you to do the self actualization part of enlightenment because it is part of enlightenment.  

I have quit drinking entirely.  I used to smoke weed weekly but I don't do that anymore.  I was pretty depressed before starting this path and now even though I have some days where I feel sad and maybe depressed, I have days where I am happy the WHOLE day.  I haven't had that since teenage years. I'm 32.  I didn't like myself AT ALL and now I am learning how to be my best friend.  I don't know how to gauge the personality change yet.  I feel like it will probably change but I still feel like myself. 

So far, no real benefit from the third eye in my daily life.  Just interesting.  

Kundalini is different for different people.  I think I am having a pretty good experience with it. We will see though.  I am seeing a therapist and reading and trying to keep up with it.  Just started yoga.  Meditation and knowing when not to do a meditation.  You have to eat healthy.  If you don't you feel it.  I do not know what is to come.  

Keep on asking and that is totally okay if you are skeptical.  I was an atheist before this and I sometimes just cannot believe what is going on.  

@ThirdEyeSees Thank you for sharing. It seems you have walked quite a path already, trough the hardship of life.
It's very similar to my own life story it seems, i've quit weed a couple of months ago and it has been quite the experience these past months. I feel sometimes like i've deconstructed my "identity", by reading about all sorts of spiritual things making me wonder what/who i am at times. It's definitively an ongoing process :) 

For me, in most spiritual practices, i've found it is certainly possible to have experiences of bliss and rapture like sensations when i'm "working on it".
But it is when out in the world in daily life, at work, or interacting with people, that i quickly lose most of it.
That is why i was interested in your experience with kundalini that stays with you for longer periods, or the entire day even.

How do you suggest i could try it out for myself, what is a good place to start to cultivate or even "master" it?
I do have strange sensations around my belly and heart at times, that feel sort of like what you describe. I also have something that feels a lot like the orgasmic head feeling you describe. But when life's demands call me to "reality" it all quickly fades for me. Leaving it to have little impact on my daily life, aside from perhaps stress-relief and a good time in between the rest of my "harder life" :) 

I'm not skeptical at all, more than perhaps looking for "help" on how to do it myself? :D 

@zazed

1 hour ago, zazed said:

But it is when out in the world in daily life, at work, or interacting with people, that i quickly lose most of it.

Me too.  Most definitely.  Just recently, like within the past  week, it got a better when I talk to people.   It will get better. Giving a little here and there to a stranger has helped me too.  I haven't gone out of my way that much in the past to help others  when it is not automatic or I am not asked. 

1 hour ago, zazed said:

How do you suggest i could try it out for myself, what is a good place to start to cultivate or even "master" it?

Leo recommended a great book.  Tara Springett's book Enlightenment through the path of Kundalini which I just read and it has great pointers on how to open chakras and she explains Kundalini in a positive way.   She has a website too where you can reach out to her and set up skype consultations.  Dr. Bonnie Greenwell who has written Kundalini Guide, and An Awakening Guide, has skype appointments available as well to talk about this.  I do not know how to master it yet I am taking it day by day right now.  If I find a way, I will let you know.  I feel like I am not in a great position to give advice. Just references.   It feels like it is doing a lot of the work itself.  And I didn't try to start this.  It started with my first dose of psychedelic mushrooms 2.5 g.  

1 hour ago, zazed said:

But when life's demands call me to "reality" it all quickly fades for me.

That happens to me all the time.  I sometimes have to stop and think that I am meant to be here now, why am I so pissed about that? :)  Also, you are probably already doing this but cutting back on some things in life that you don't need.  You are stating what happens to me a lot.  I recently noticed a little shift but I feel like I can lose that.  

I am sorry if this isn't more helpful.