Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Empty

What Should I Do With In My Future?

14 posts in this topic

I am 22 years old, a university student with social anxiety ( which I am overcoming now) and I have a lot of other problems; problems even the basic needs!  What do you suggest for me to do? I feel like I am just wasting my time in Personal development because I haven't yet had a good vision of what my life purpose is!! 

to be honest, those kind of helps should be asked to experts but i will give you my honest opinion.

does this development doing anything good to you? i mean if you are not taking it can you live without them now? are they obstacles in your collage live? if yes and you can live normally, and what's  you are trying to fix is not a problem in the first place, then yes, try to focus on what you want to do, what do you want to do? pass collage? ok, do you have a lot of stress, anger issues and your grades are getting worst and your life is miserable and you want to live better? if your life is miserable then what is causing it? once again those cases should be identify by an expert, a Psychologist for example, if you are in doubt and not sure, try to check your psychology department, some collages have free Psychologist for active students and you can get advices from them, based on the school those usually are in training and won't be as good as the professional ones who charge you for their time, but some of them are quite good.

First you need to get your immediate life in order. That is your life purpose right now. How is your diet, exercise, how about your emotional and mental well-being? 

1. Clean out your diet, no processed food, very little sugar, no fast food, no sodas, no milk or other milk products, vegetables should be main food source with little fat (if you have most of your calories from fat, you will have problems), learn to cook.

2. Take a regular meditation practice. Start with 10-20 minutes a day.

3. Start a exercise program of some kind. If you haven't done anything, aim for 2 times a week. 

4. If you have emotional problems or mental problems, go and seek a therapist and attend at least 1 a week for minimum of 6 months.

5. If you have problems with sleep, you should correct your sleep pattern.

This will keep you busy and your life will massively change. This is your life purpose right now. When you have this in order, you can proceed to next thing but not yet. :)

@Dhana Choko out of curiosity, why milk is bad? As a child we were always told to drink milk in order to grow healthy body and to have enough calcium and milk is the first ever food we receive as human and so many animals to survive.

@Samir Hi. Mammals usually only have milk for maybe up to the first two years of life. The digestive system changes past this age to digest solid foods. What we need to nourish us in those first two years can be an irritant later. Some people say they are lactose intolerant, though many are actually intolerant to the casein in dairy products. Cheese breaks down the casein content to an extent and so can be more tolerable. From my personal experience, cutting out dairy has had a remarkable improvement in my digestive system and how I feel overall. :)

1 hour ago, Samir said:

@Dhana Choko out of curiosity, why milk is bad? As a child we were always told to drink milk in order to grow healthy body and to have enough calcium and milk is the first ever food we receive as human and so many animals to survive.

I suggest you do some research. It is completely different to drink human body's milk as a baby than to drink other species milk when being an adult human.

@JeffR1 @JeffR1 it may have worked for you but for me as a bodybuilder it's not easy to cut the dairy and rely only on vegetables even the personal trainers wouldn't advice this, in fact they in courage you more for protein which I can't find much on vegetables.

1 hour ago, Samir said:

@JeffR1 @JeffR1 it may have worked for you but for me as a bodybuilder it's not easy to cut the dairy and rely only on vegetables even the personal trainers wouldn't advice this, in fact they in courage you more for protein which I can't find much on vegetables.

This is simply not the truth. There are so many plant proteins sources that you just need to do your research. If you think about vegetables and your only idea is a carrot and a cucumber, then sure, you won't have much protein, but there is so much more: beans, quinoa, lentils, tofu, soy bean products, vegan protein powder, quorn etc. It is so cheap as well and low in fat. Also most of the personal trainers are as much a slave to the system that we currently have as anyone on the street and most of them have not pushed boundaries with their diet or thinking, so you should not rely on them 100% for knowing everything - cause they don't. They just know what they have done themselves and what they have done all their life. Very few personal trainers have actually tried a vegan or vegetarian diet or done it properly and long term.

Look how healthy and vibrant this man looks. Amazing!

@Dhana Choko thanks for sending the video. As you suggested I need to do more researches as I never thought dairy can be counted as unhealthy food. So what's your suggestion on eggs because I eat 3 eggs per day.

@An actualizer I guess you need inspiration, if you cant see the benefits of self development, then you need motivation and a big one, find your idol. 

Hope this helps.  

15 hours ago, Samir said:

@Dhana Choko thanks for sending the video. As you suggested I need to do more researches as I never thought dairy can be counted as unhealthy food. So what's your suggestion on eggs because I eat 3 eggs per day.

I don't eat eggs but I think it is not as bad as milk and meat. If you need to keep something animal based on your diet then I would keep eggs. Just make sure they are free range and if possible, organic. And 3 eggs a day is quite a lot...I would recommend more like 6 eggs a WEEK if you need to eat them.

On 2/26/2016 at 8:31 AM, Dhana Choko said:

First you need to get your immediate life in order. That is your life purpose right now. How is your diet, exercise, how about your emotional and mental well-being? 

1. Clean out your diet, no processed food, very little sugar, no fast food, no sodas, no milk or other milk products, vegetables should be main food source with little fat (if you have most of your calories from fat, you will have problems), learn to cook.

2. Take a regular meditation practice. Start with 10-20 minutes a day.

3. Start a exercise program of some kind. If you haven't done anything, aim for 2 times a week. 

4. If you have emotional problems or mental problems, go and seek a therapist and attend at least 1 a week for minimum of 6 months.

5. If you have problems with sleep, you should correct your sleep pattern.

This will keep you busy and your life will massively change. This is your life purpose right now. When you have this in order, you can proceed to next thing but not yet. :)

Ayye, I'm gonna make this my temporary life purpose now..except 2 and 4.(Already have them down.)  Thanks a bunch.  I hope after I put all this in check or even during it, I can sit down and find my own life purpose without help. (:

Pick the two most random things you can come up with in a flash. Now flip a coin, heads you become a clown for a traveling circus, tails you become a stunt driver for the movies. Let fate decide.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Dairy is the number one cause of osteoporosis, a degenerative bone disease affecting millions of americans. The way it is touted as "healthy" is a total and utter myth fabricated by the milk industry. There is absolutely no reason for any human, adult or otherwise, to be consuming baby bovine growth formula. Get it out of your diet immediately, especially if you're a bodybuilder or athlete.