John

Lp Vs Enlightenment

6 posts in this topic

What are Leos best videos on this? Building your Life Purpose while seriously pursuing Enlightenment.

Cheers,

John

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Half way through The Book of Not Knowing. About to start The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks. Man this work is so fucking tough at times. The paradoxes... The cognitive dissonance. I feel as though I am hitting a plateau. Any advice here? Keep calm and carry on?!

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

do both. (the career and the enlightenment path) at some point your desire to achieve a career might fade. 

optimally your purpose is some way of elevating the collective consiousness.

for example: My purpose is to be a successful musician with a wide reach. I hope to inspireas many people as possible to be their best self by great music, by beeing a spritiual role model and by promoting education.

I know in the absolute perspective this is all meaningless, but it is an interesting game to play. Often I am too much in the character, but most of the time I am peacefully detached:)

Yes. I am struggling with Balance at the moment though. I have a job and friends etc. But the will or the tendency to meditate is just burning much hotter than the will to pursue those other things. I'm not pessimistic about them or anything, I just want to continue going deeper and deeper. If that means that I don't get around to The Big Leap for another little while, or if it means that my relationships kind of stay the way they are (they could use some improvement) or my Life Purpose just sort of takes a passengers seat, while I do my long sits, my retreats and my contemplation.... Am I making a blunder there? Should I be keeping these things up no matter what? Or is there a time where you feel the call in your heart to really go for it in your meditation, and you do just that... you fucking go for it.

-Socrates

@John maybe you could do things on a schedule or organize the things you want to do into a project you could also schedule every minute of the day