Shakazulu

Lucid Extravaganza

7 posts in this topic

Everytime i TRY to have a lucid dream I fail. I've tried many methods. I've had many lucid dreams in the past but I was unaware of the term. One night I came home from this dudes house I know and had the most intense, lucid dream ever. I was terrified! Every week since May he's invited me over... Though I never go

10 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

@brovakhiin lol what 

Coming home from this dudes house induced lucid dream (mouthful)

@Shakazulu it's all about awareness and intention. Start a dream journal where you write down what you remember as soon as you wake up. Not only this improves your dream recall but it also sets a subconscious intention. Best to use notes app on your phone, because as soon as you move a single muscle, you'll tend to forget everything. So I usually make an index of the whole dream in my mind first, before even moving my arm to take my phone, and only then start filling in the details. The first times you'll remember very little, but then as you do it over and over you'll start writing novels.

I just had a lucid dream last night that was one of my longest and most intense ever. Such great visual detail, and it felt like it lasted all night, with a few false awakenings which I recognized every time. I visited a lot of fascinating places, walking and flying around as I wanted, talked to some dream characters, and stopped a lot just looking around and marveling at the fact I was in a dream, getting closer to objects and people to examine them and looking at all the details. Lately I also started hearing sound with good clarity (it wasn't always the case before). My own voice, characters talking, sounds of objects and environment sounds, and music too. It's incredible. It can also be pretty intense emotionally, once you start getting into the depths of it. After a great and long lucid dream, you can wake up feeling amazing and have it last all day, with vivid memories of the incredible stuff you lived last night in the dream world.

I've been doing it for 2-3 years now. It's really worth spending time getting good at it because it's such an amazing thing. And it's free! You gotta spend 8 hours a night sleeping anyway, so might as well use them for something amazing! Check this book out if you haven't already https://www.amazon.com/Exploring-World-Dreaming-Stephen-LaBerge/dp/034537410X