Arqhe

Raw foods

16 posts in this topic

Hey there, just curious, there's anyone here doing a raw diet? Do you think this type of diets can have an impact on your personal development? I do. 

I did a 30 day all-raw challenge at the suggestion of Steve Pavlina. I noticed lots more energy and vitality and clearer thinking.

I found it hard to sustain though. You're basically eating salads all the time and it can get boring without some cleverly planned out recipes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Personally I think a healthy vegan diet is a way to go. It offers vast variety of different types of foods and gourmet things like cakes as well, so it is not that strict and it is much easier to transition into. Vegan diet on its own can be quite challenging in this modern meat-eating processed food -environment and nailing that can take years. Raw diets are wonderful, but personally I think that if you want to go high-speed on your personal development, there are other tools like meditation and contemplation that should be the core focus of your practice. 

I believe that your diet should follow your state of mind, not vice-versa. 

What I mean is that whenever you try to force some change - any change without your "vibration" (in lack of a better term) to match it, it will end up as a struggle and yet another "doing" and will lead to frustration, and so not much benefit will derive from it on a holistic level.

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Thank you guys for your comments. I don't eat lots of salads btw the majority of my diet is fruit and some tender greens. It's been 4 months and wow, my mood has improved a lot I feel more energized and calm too.. Definitely I feel better but you are right maybe it's not sustainable long term in this crazy meaty world :(
Anyway I think diet has a huge influence in who we are and how we feel I'm sure you are agree about this

Loads of fruits and tender green veggies is perfectly sustainable BUT add raw soaked nuts too for oils. 

Listen to your body ! :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I think it's fine for a short-term clense. But the thing with raw diets is that you are missing out on some high quality nutrient-dense foods like potatoes, rice, beans and lentils. They provide you with heaps of iron, protein and calcium. Vegan diets are actually abundant with food choices, there is no need to cut down some of the healthiest vegetables. Even if it's for weight loss. If that's the case, you could just limit your fat, oil and salt intake, and you'll be fine.

When you guys talk about raw diets , you mean only fruits and vegetables , right? I heard eating raw meat is dangerous , is that true?

7 minutes ago, SaynotoKlaus said:

When you guys talk about raw diets , you mean only fruits and vegetables , right? I heard eating raw meat is dangerous , is that true?

When I talk about raw diet, I expect it to be vegan. :P But I am not sure about others of course.

I've been eating a lot of carrots recently.  

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

On 2/7/2016 at 10:50 AM, Leo Gura said:

I did a 30 day all-raw challenge at the suggestion of Steve Pavlina. I noticed lots more energy and vitality and clearer thinking.

I found it hard to sustain though. You're basically eating salads all the time and it can get boring without some cleverly planned out recipes.

Could you share some of those recipes because i find it hard to organize my diet as vegetarian. I am mostly eating fish with raw veggies.

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels

Does anybody follow fullyrawkristina on youtube? and has tried the fullyraw mango avocado noodle salad? This video has so many positive rewieves and comments, so I tried it.

Maybe I'm exaggerating this, but it tasted really disugusting :( I can't get used to the fruity/veggie taste, I find the flavours not to be complementary at all. and the zucchini noodles, they're the absolutely worst in this dish. I can't imagine considering raw zucchini to be delicious (or raw kale, cauliflower and broccoli)  I was close to throw up after I forced myself to eat this. 

I tried really many of her dishes, but half of them I find to be almost inedible. Am I doing smth wrong? :/ Or do I just have to get used to the taste?

4 hours ago, MelanieWalker said:

Does anybody follow fullyrawkristina on youtube? and has tried the fullyraw mango avocado noodle salad? This video has so many positive rewieves and comments, so I tried it.

Maybe I'm exaggerating this, but it tasted really disugusting :( I can't get used to the fruity/veggie taste, I find the flavours not to be complementary at all. and the zucchini noodles, they're the absolutely worst in this dish. I can't imagine considering raw zucchini to be delicious (or raw kale, cauliflower and broccoli)  I was close to throw up after I forced myself to eat this. 

I tried really many of her dishes, but half of them I find to be almost inedible. Am I doing smth wrong? :/ Or do I just have to get used to the taste?

I would say experiment with other things :) we have all different taste. 

I, for instance, can eat almost anything and I enjoy it. For others that's not the case. Perhaps it's easier to start with something that is not too far from what you are used to eat. 

Here's my breakfast shake,handfull of green leaves all different sorts,bannana,strawberries,rasberries,blueberries,cranberries,cherries,red grapes,hazelnuts, honey, add some water and hemp seed oil,lovely.

@Arqhe I think a fruitarian diet is the most optimal diet for humans, its what we really enjoy in its raw natural state, and gives us the carbohydrates we need to feel satisfied and energised. If you are gonna try it out go with bananas,dates,raisins,mangos,avocados,melons, some leafy greens, and other good fruits. And the most important thing is to eat ENOUGH! Raw foods are a lot less calorie dense than cooked food! Working my way to fruitarian and so far i feel amazing, eat about 80% of my calories from fruit. Cant wait to go fully fruitarian.

Check out fruitarian youtubers like

- Sweet natural Living https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEX8Ox5RVs3iVH51eceNMqA

-Fruit living https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJduM32xK4QOb99e6_4F-3A

@Leo Gura Raw foods gives you a lot of energy for sure! But impossible to just live on salads, they are SO low in calories. If you are gonna try this challenge in the future i would recommend you get at least eat 80-90% of the calories from sweet fruit and some avocados. Thats what gonna make you feel satisfied and give you the best energy! And the rest maybe some salads, and little bit nuts.

Edited by Alexanderryen