Viking

Does Access To Infinity/source Bring Well-being/happiness/satisfaction?

3 posts in this topic

A common misconception is that good feelings give happiness. When the ego realizes that good feelings are finite, after some time he thinks "oh, that's it?", which then creates a depressive mood. imagine your best possible feeling, that is finite and if repeated will get boring with time, so you will want more. what the ego really wants is constant satisfaction. 

So my questions are:

can an ego achieve constant satisfaction? or at least almost constant satisfaction?

Does infinity(or enlightenment, whatever) give us that satisfaction we seek, since all finite things are not enough?

Do we by becoming desireless, fulfill the absolute desire? (because there are no desires to fulfill, all of them are fulfilled - 0 desires)

I think the "motivation" for getting enlightened, is that theres nothing else to do, because everything is finite, so not worth pursuing. basically EVERY desire is finite and therefore not worth pursuing, so what is there else to do in life but "just to live". you "just live" by removing the source of the desires, and by removing the source of the desires you remove the desire to remove the source of the desires. what are your thoughts about this?

note- the post might look a bit messy because in the middle of writing it i realized desire is a thing of the ego.

When you know you are the undivided self it feels like you take stones of your shoulders until there's no one anymore who needs to carry it. Of course that creates a sense of relief but there's nothing personal in this release.